Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

startin a podcast, anyone interested?

Options
  • 04-01-2020 10:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

been boiling this bastard for a long time now and its about fat time i carved it out.
    been reading about the setup, so circa 2k, sockmoney, but at same time not the kinda money to just wankaway, especially after Christmas.
    some (very select) few on boards remember me from P45 and powerfm, and another miniscule might have seen my humble comedy improv at the leitrim club m in... lietrim.

so getting tired of the sandwich factory and wanna take the horn by life so gonna start a podcast

need input and assistance as to legal, apps, formats etc

any tech ppl or inclined folk got any tips info et

mucho appteciado mo chara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Don't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

irish joe rogan in the making here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

LaFuton wrote: »
    been boiling this bastard for a long time now and its about fat time i carved it out.
    been reading about the setup, so circa 2k, sockmoney, but at same time not the kinda money to just wankaway, especially after Christmas.
    some (very select) few on boards remember me from P45 and powerfm, and another miniscule might have seen my humble comedy improv at the leitrim club m in... lietrim.

so getting tired of the sandwich factory and wanna take the horn by life so gonna start a podcast

What's the main topic/focus? Is it you by yourself or you and one or two partners in crime discussing the main topic? Will you be interviewing celebs/experts on the topic? Is this a commercial venture or hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There is a podcast forum LaFuton, if you want this moved there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1061

Best of luck with it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Nang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sheeps wrote: »
    Don't
    Fuch him. Go for it.

Pm the link and ill have a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Can I be your first guest?

54and56 wrote: »
    What's the main topic/focus? Is it you by yourself or you and one or two partners in crime discussing the main topic? Will you be interviewing celebs/experts on the topic? Is this a commercial venture or hobby?

ive alot of casual contacts from all the industries and we would be discussing current affairs and sports plus guests of previous acclaim.

i know to keep it mellow enougj so that very followed influencers can safely link
    but it's essentially an irish joe rogan

Can I be your first guest?

absolutely bro!

literally bookmarking and gonna take u up on air

ive a small following on the comedy circuit in sligo and leitrim, known at many open mics and gigs, i think ive a fair shot

ive alot of casual contacts from all the industries and we would be discussing current affairs and sports plus guests of previous acclaim.

i know to keep it mellow enougj so that very followed influencers can safely link
    but it's essentially an irish joe rogan

I'm no expert but I think to attract enough listeners to be commercially viable you need to have a unique hook or offer a deep insight into a particular subject. Light topic/entertainment is a busy market segment.

Personally I subscribe to narrow topical podcasts such as Brexit Republic, Cautionary Tales, Golf Weekly etc so I'm probably not your target listener.

Are you proposing something like An Irishman Abroad but at home?

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    There is a podcast forum LaFuton, if you want this moved there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1061

Best of luck with it either way.

apologies dude (and happy new year man) if this should be in a different place then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

2k to get a podcast going? Did I read that right? That seems a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

apologies dude (and happy new year man) if this should be in a different place then so be it

There would be a better chance of the more techy knowledge there.

Thread moved from AH

Please note local charter

54and56 wrote: »
    I'm no expert but I think to attract enough listeners to be commercially viable you need to have a unique hook or offer a deep insight into a particular subject. Light topic/entertainment is a busy market segment.

Personally I subscribe to narrow topical podcasts such as Brexit Republic, Cautionary Tales, Golf Weekly etc so I'm probably not your target listener.

Are you proposing something like An Irishman Abroad but at home?

well ive a very deep celtic folklore horticultural background, ive done all the drugs at least once, lived with shamen in oslo, done sweat lodges in wicklow and enjoy mass most Sundays, im also gamer, x file, conspiracy fan and fair city enthusiast
    so old fashioned modern irish comic launches podcast

hi, looking for help on launch platforms, would prefer to avoid google Twitter products ie periscope, watch
    was thinking about twitch

genuinely clueless as to where to start

would gratefully appreciate any links, info, etc

ta bruv

well ive a very deep celtic folklore horticultural background, ive done all the drugs at least once, lived with shamen in oslo, done sweat lodges in wicklow and enjoy mass most Sundays, im also gamer, x file, conspiracy fan and fair city enthusiast
    so old fashioned modern irish comic launches podcast

Cool, an eclectic base from which to launch.

Best of luck with the endeavour. Nothing ventured.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't think I have a clue what you just said there, I'm definitely not your target audience :pac:

But definitely check out https://www.reddit.com/r/podcasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hey - I got mine going for about 250 EUR for a full setup from Gear4Music and about 100 EUR for a year long sub to Transistor.fm for hosting.
    I’m in Dublin and I didn’t know much about the tech, just went for it.
    Started recording eps in the summer 2019, took a while to get posting together, started posting Nov 2019.

I do have some help from a sound friend, he takes a pass at the sound levels for me before I post a new ep.

Here’s mine, it’s a creativity / productivity pod called “Operation: Project”:

https://operationproject.transistor.fm/episodes

Any questions let me know! I love listening to podcasts and really wanted to do my own one.
    Good luck!

Advertisement