Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite possibly the best documentary I’ve viewed in ages.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The Nal wrote: »

Quote by JFK.
    This was start of his speech, he told the audience what is about..

You can believe he talking only about the Soviet Union, if you like.

JFK
    "This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Quote by JFK.
    This was start of his speech, he told the audience what is about..

You can believe he talking only about the Soviet Union, if you like.

JFK
    "This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

Oh look another quote mine! Read or watch the whole speech. What is is with conspiracy nutters and full rounded facts? With truth?

Cold war environment (Cuban Missle Crisis was 18 months later) and it was a speech to the American Newspaper Publishers Association!

But yeah, hes really lifting the lid on secret societies out of the blue and thats why he was killed. Two and a half years later.

Garden variety conspiracy theories.

Oh look another quote mine! Read or watch the whole speech. What is is with conspiracy nutters and full rounded facts? With truth?

Cold war environment (Cuban Missle Crisis was 18 months later) and it was a speech to the American Newspaper Publishers Association!

But yeah, hes really lifting the lid on secret societies out of the blue and thats why he was killed. Two and a half years later.

Garden variety conspiracy theories.

Where did i say any of that in my post?

You claim the speech was solely about the Soviet Union and Cold War.

JFK outlined what the speech was about
    1: greater public information
    2: Official Secrecy

Where did i say any of that in my post?

You claim the speech was solely about the Soviet Union and Cold War.

JFK outlined what the speech was about
    1: greater public information
    2: Official Secrecy

You don't have the attention span to read or listen to all of the speech.

Again, I've no idea why a speech about the Soviet Union and communism is being brought up on a conspiracy forum.

• Advertisement

You don't have the attention span to read or listen to all of the speech.

Again, I've no idea why a speech about the Soviet Union and communism is being brought up on a conspiracy forum.

It clear his talk about his own government here, not the Soviet Union.

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

It clear his talk about his own government here, not the Soviet Union.

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

Yes, he mentions freedom of press.

So what?

Yes, he mentions freedom of press.

So what?

Yes, it's speech to the press. He telling them his opposed to secret proceeding, secret oaths, secret societies. And that he will not allow censorship of things the public deserves to know. It also clear he worries about national security.  
    Is it overly clear if his referring to his own national security state here ( miitary industrial complex) or the Soviet Union?

JFK speech.
    It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.

Nevertheless, every democracy recognizes the necessary restraints of national security--and the question remains whether those restraints need to be more strictly observed if we are to oppose this kind of attack as well as outright invasion.

Hes clearly talking about communism.

This is just weird now.

I dislike the video for that reason. Watched some of it and 8 assassins is not realistic, that way too many and it's a more risky operation.

I'm open to three shooter teams- three shooters, and three back up guys watching out in case they get caught. 

I know you believe Oswald acted alone.

To be clear.......you think 8 shooters is too much, but 6 is believable?

• Advertisement

Oh you've seen nothing yet.

Have a wander over here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057932231

Three shooters, and back-up team of spotters and watchers, there to stop anyone catching and running up on the three shooters firing at Kennedy.

I think there was a shooter behind Kennedy. A shooter at South Knoll, at the bridge near the grass. Another shooter at the Grassy Knoll/ Stockyard.

You can even see the fragment of a bullet hit the front/ middle windscreen of Kennedy limo. The South knoll shooter.

500326.png

Shifty. When Dallas motorcycle policeman ran up to towards grassy knoll, about a minute after the shooting, he stopped a guy in a suit and he flashed a secret service badge and he was let go. It was later confirmed by the White House secret service that they had no people up there on Grassy Knoll. There was a con artist and imposter up there flashing a badge 

Shifty. When Dallas motorcycle policeman ran up to towards grassy knoll, about a minute after the shooting, he stopped a guy in a suit and he flashed a secret service badge and he was let go. It was later confirmed by the White House secret service that they had no people up there on Grassy Knoll. There was a con artist and imposter up there flashing a badge 

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Google not doing a bad job changing their algorithms also, a few years back a cursory search for just about any conspiracy laden subject (911, JFK, etc) would directly bring up conspiracy results rather than factual sources - now they are a good bit down the list

It's subtle but effective. Hopefully they keep tuning it.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Google not doing a bad job changing their algorithms also, a few years back a cursory search for just about any conspiracy laden subject (911, JFK, etc) would directly bring up conspiracy results rather than factual sources - now they are a good bit down the list

It's subtle but effective. Hopefully they keep tuning it.

giphy.gif

Why?

Why?
    It is suspicious there be an individual floating around the stockyard minutes after the shooting. When a motorcycle cop saw and approached him he flashed a secret service badge.. The White house established later, secret service agents, were not guarding that area. It was Dallas not Washington DC. The secret agents travelled with Kennedy they are all accounted for during the trip.

You also don’t find it questionable Ruby shot Oswald either. Even though his life history shows him involved in gunrunning to Cuba and helping the rebels fight Castro Plus we know he had organised crime/mob connections. Who are the main JFK conspirators, the mob and the CIA.

Ruby already admitted there was a conspiracy on tape. 

Why?
    It is suspicious there be an individual floating around the stockyard minutes after the shooting. When a motorcycle cop saw and approached him he flashed a secret service badge.. The White house established later, secret service agents, were not guarding that area. It was Dallas not Washington DC. The secret agents travelled with Kennedy they are all accounted for during the trip.

You also don’t find it questionable Ruby shot Oswald either. Even though his life history shows him involved in gunrunning to Cuba and helping the rebels fight Castro Plus we know he had organised crime/mob connections. Who are the main JFK conspirators, the mob and the CIA.

Ruby already admitted there was a conspiracy on tape. 

A conspiracy against him in his legal case. Nothing to do with a conspiracy involving JFK, Oswald or anything else. You know this, yet weirdly you keep on saying it. It shows a real lack of understanding and lack of knowledge.

Predicting your net post will be that quote mine of a video from Rubys press conference.

A conspiracy against him in his legal case. Nothing to do with a conspiracy involving JFK, Oswald or anything else. You know this, yet weirdly you keep on saying it. It shows a real lack of understanding and lack of knowledge.

Predicting your net post will be that quote mine of a video from Rubys press conference.

You just twist Ruby words for an agenda. They detained him for the murder of Oswald. He told a live audience the truth would not be allowed to be told about his involvement in the murder. When asked by journalists who will not allow the truth to be told. He said the higher ups. You forget the incident in Chicago weeks before. Where there likely had another Oswald patsy set up to take the fall there for the crime. Kennedy called off the trip to Chicago after he travelled to Dallas. The suspect in Chicago had almost an identical profile to Oswald. An Ex US marine, vulnerable, and bit crazy. 

• Advertisement

You just twist Ruby words for an agenda. They detained him for the murder of Oswald. He told a live audience the truth would not be allowed to be told about his involvement in the murder. When asked by journalists who will not allow the truth to be told. He said the higher ups.

This is complete waffle. Puffy detail free waffle.

"A live audience". lol.

Willing to discuss other matters in the case but everyone knows this isn't true. You're hanging on one line out of context. Read about him, listen to his interview from 1966. "There is nothing to hide...there was no one else".

Like, proper details, a deeper understanding, facts. You're a hillside grazer of conspiracy theories.
    You forget the incident in Chicago weeks before. Where there likely had another Oswald patsy set up to take the fall there for the crime. Kennedy called off the trip to Chicago after he travelled to Dallas. The suspect in Chicago had almost an identical profile to Oswald. An Ex US marine, vulnerable, and bit crazy. 

I haven't forgotten about it. Garden variety conspiracy theory wording. "People forget, you forget, we now know, I read somewhere, I've heard people say".

Kennedy called off the Chicago trip before Dallas. He was killed in Dallas. He wouldn't have been able to call off the Chicago trip after Dallas because he was dead.

There was also what was likely a Cuban hit squad in Chicago who the Secret Service lost when tracking them, hence the cancellation. Pro Castro Cubans hated JFK, anti Castro Cubans hated him, US military hated him, anti communists hated him, LBJ hated him. Loads of enemies.

JFK had threats made against him wherever he went. Hundreds an hundreds throughout his presidency. Three of them when he came to Ireland for example.

This proves nothing.

This is complete waffle. Puffy detail free waffle.

"A live audience". lol.

Willing to discuss other matters in the case but everyone knows this isn't true. You're hanging on one line out of context. Read about him, listen to his interview from 1966. "There is nothing to hide...there was no one else".

Like, proper details, a deeper understanding, facts. You're a hillside grazer of conspiracy theories.

I haven't forgotten about it. Garden variety conspiracy theory wording. "People forget, you forget, we now know, I read somewhere, I've heard people say".

Kennedy called off the Chicago trip before Dallas. He was killed in Dallas. He wouldn't have been able to call off the Chicago trip after Dallas because he was dead.

There was also what was likely a Cuban hit squad in Chicago who the Secret Service lost when tracking them, hence the cancellation. Pro Castro Cubans hated JFK, anti Castro Cubans hated him, US military hated him, anti communists hated him, LBJ hated him. Loads of enemies.

JFK had threats made against him wherever he went. Hundreds an hundreds throughout his presidency. Three of them when he came to Ireland for example.

This proves nothing.

Lot of waffle here more like.
    How would Oswald know the route of the motorcade?
    He just bought a gun in the hope the parade might pass down that way?
    A secret service agent confirmed there was a plot in Chicago to kill Kennedy.
    Nothing suspious about a mob guy killing the guy who allegedly shot the president.
    There nothing odd here, that Oswald was stationed in a CIA base in Japan? So He was recruited by intelligence?

Lot of waffle here more like.
    How would Oswald know the route of the motorcade?

It was reported in the newspaper 4 days before.

dthmap.gif
    He just bought a gun in the hope the parade might pass down that way?

He knew the motorcade was passing by his building.
    A secret agent confirmed there was a plot in Chicago to kill Kennedy.
    Nothing suspious about a mob guy killing the guy who allegedly shot the president.
    There nothing odd here, that Oswald was stationed in a CIA base in Japan? So He was recruited by intelligence?

Broad strokes. Loads of assumptions, no facts.

No thanks. This isn't even a JFK thread

It was reported in the newspaper 4 days before.

dthmap.gif

He knew the motorcade was passing by his building.

Broad strokes. Loads of assumptions, no facts.

No thanks.

When did he buy his gun again?
    Are you claiming he bought it four days before the shooting?
    We know Kennedy was going to Love Field, he could have gone other ways to get there on the map.

When did he buy his gun again?

March 63. A few weeks before he tried to killed General Walker.
    Are you claiming he bought it four days before the shooting?

No.
    We know Kennedy was going to Love Field, he could have gone other ways to get there on the map.

JFK left Love Field to travel through the motorcade route to lunch at the Dallas Trade Mart.

So no, we don't know he was going to Love field. Literally the opposite.

Nal you have no clue. U-2 flights was a top secret project in the 60s. Oswald would have had to have top secret clearances to even be involved in this project. Oswald was clearly intelligence.

Nal you have no clue. U-2 flights was a top secret project in the 60s. Oswald would have had to have top secret clearances to even be involved in this project. Oswald was clearly intelligence.

You're jumping around from point to point like a lunatic and posting things that are completely wrong.

Yes, Oswald was a radar operator in Japan. And California. His clearance was "confidential", not top secret.

Another thing you've got wrong.

Which of us has no clue?

You're jumping around from point to point like a lunatic and posting things that are completely wrong.

Yes, Oswald was a radar operator in Japan. And California. His clearance was "confidential", not top secret.

Another thing you've got wrong.

Which of has no clue?

A radar operator station that watched U2 planes flying over the Soviet Union. The base was CIA, that's well known. How does a lonely marine get picked for that job? It a job requirement that involves intelligence.

This was second highest rank known project behind the nuclear bomb. You not involved in this unless you got recruited.

A radar operator station that watched U2 planes flying over the Soviet Union. The base was CIA, that's well known. How does a lonely marine get picked for that job? It a job requirement that involves intelligence.

This was second highest rank known project behind the nuclear bomb. You not involved in this unless you got recruited.

He scored well in the radar operator course he did in the military base and was chosen based on that.

You're doing standard garden variety conspiracy theorist stuff here. Assuming its a conspiracy and then erratically looking for info to suit that agenda. Thats not how it works unfortunately.

• Advertisement

March 63. A few weeks before he tried to killed General Walker.

No.

JFK left Love Field to travel through the motorcade route to lunch at the Dallas Trade Mart.

So no, we don't know he was going to Love field. Literally the opposite.

The bullet was a 30.06 calibre, that hit General Walker. Was never traced to the rifle in Dallas. The bullets in Dallas are 6.5mm.

You right about the mart, i thought it was close to Love Field.
    Have you the full newpaper article what to see the date on it and when it was published?

Advertisement