Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernia Primary PME

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pinkpencil

Yeah it was done on zoom. They asked most of the basic questions that have been mentioned already.
    The Irish was more conversational than questions. We discussed the affect covid had on our hometowns - I just said the streets were quiet, everywhere is closed, can't see friends etc.
    There were no trick questions. What would I do if I got gifted loads of money was my MC question.
    My advice would be to listen to Podcasts in Irish as part of study. I listened to 'Beo Ar Eigean' Podcast - 1 per day whilst out running/walking. It's much better than RnaG or TG4. No music breaks and very clear. It's 30-40 mins of pure conversational Irish. I must of listened to around 40 episodes. I found it really helped me - I didn't understand everything but I was picking up new words and grammar and it's actually a decent podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fourstarstevek

pinkpencil wrote: »
    Yeah it was done on zoom. They asked most of the basic questions that have been mentioned already.
    The Irish was more conversational than questions. We discussed the affect covid had on our hometowns - I just said the streets were quiet, everywhere is closed, can't see friends etc.
    There were no trick questions. What would I do if I got gifted loads of money was my MC question.
    My advice would be to listen to Podcasts in Irish as part of study. I listened to 'Beo Ar Eigean' Podcast - 1 per day whilst out running/walking. It's much better than RnaG or TG4. No music breaks and very clear. It's 30-40 mins of pure conversational Irish. I must of listened to around 40 episodes. I found it really helped me - I didn't understand everything but I was picking up new words and grammar and it's actually a decent podcast.

Thank you so much for this advice this is my third attempt at the interview I am really praying that 3rd time is lucky for me. I only have irish part to do as was successful in general interview before. I just hope my nerves don’t take over too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AndyLee123

Hi There

Has anyone ever withdrawn from the Hibernia Course, or know anyone who has? It mentions a cooling off period and a refund of fees, minus a €500 admin fee but gives no more detail than that on the email or on the site. From my understanding you email the office of the registrar but wondering what happens when you do - is there terms that they must consider that you are unfit or is does a simple change of mind suffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

AndyLee123 wrote: »
    Hi There

Has anyone ever withdrawn from the Hibernia Course, or know anyone who has? It mentions a cooling off period and a refund of fees, minus a €500 admin fee but gives no more detail than that on the email or on the site. From my understanding you email the office of the registrar but wondering what happens when you do - is there terms that they must consider that you are unfit or is does a simple change of mind suffice?
    I haven't done it, but you shouldn't have to give a reason during a "cooling off" period. They might check whether they can reassure you or whether they could have done anything differently though.

Advertisement