Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mr Snow wrote: »

What Ami missing???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

What Ami missing???

not sure, legal pass provided it was safe to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

Visibility didn't look great, on a clear day no problem but that was a bit risky IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

• Advertisement

They don’t give a **** :D

any one of them could have had a knife, very foolish to get involved, right or wrong, let it go!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

DaveyDave wrote: »

australias most angry idiots

neris wrote: »
    australias most angry idiots
    Just imagine what they were like before cars had AC as standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bet none of them ever played knifey-spoony before.

• Advertisement

I’d love to see more of that here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭deandean

Facking idots, most of them Aussie drivers.

Aussie drivers? ah now that's not fair. Some of them were Aussie passengers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Takes a special kind of idiot to throw punches at a motorcyclist wearing a helmet. The eejit at 10m 30s was particularly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hmmm, well I guess the indicators do work (eventually)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Isambard wrote: »
    Aussie drivers? ah now that's not fair. Some of them were Aussie passengers.

Lots of mullets!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Nearly had a small tip today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Finally bothered to remove the SD card after capturing some morons this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

All going off lately!

The roundabout vids were closer things than they appear, especially the courier, there was a car on my inside going considerably faster than me.

M50 Fire

Roundabout pullout

Courier in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I think that fire was another BMW - possibly X5. High chances it is EGR cooler related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ciarsd wrote: »
    I think that fire was another BMW - possibly X5. High chances it is EGR cooler related.

Nah - he was trying to use the indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Just one thing before anyone @'s me for the end of this, it was my opinion the dude was 1. drunk, 2. high, or 3. having a medical emergency and I thought a head on collision was imminent. His excuse was that he was putting on sunscreen. I ate the ****ing head off him and I regret I didn't pull the keys and call the guards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

His excuse was that he was putting on sunscreen

How much was he putting on? A bucket full?

If I seen someone driving like that I'd hang back a bit more in case they caused something to hit you. That's absolute madness chasing them down and nearly causing a bigger accident.

I don't know which of you is worse in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Pass it the garda - tho they would probably end up charging you for the overtake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Have to agree with the above, although your intentions were good what you did was probably closer to causing an accident. Also I'd have said he was pissed and I'm sure he just continued on after you left so it was a pointless risk. Hopefully you've reported to gardaí so at least some action may be taken although I'd edit your footage and remove the last bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Seemed a little early to be drunk... I'd guess he was high... a little pick me up before work. Probably the right thing to do to be honest. May have prevented a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Seemed a little early to be drunk... I'd guess he was high... a little pick me up before work. Probably the right thing to do to be honest. May have prevented a crash.

Prevented it how though he would've just carried on as soon as cam car left. Taking the keys and firing them as far as you could into a field would give him time to think. Report it either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Regardless of what one ought to do in these circumstances, poster deserves credit for bringing to a stop successfully. Had the lad been locked, he'd have been able to take the keys off him and prevent some stupid, catastrophic collision had someone turned on to the road not expecting some pr*ck to be flying down the wrong side.

Advertisement