Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*The official Jose Aldo support thread*

Options
  • 09-12-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭

This thread is for the thousands of the Irish public hoping Aldo beats McGregor's ass into oblivion on Saturday night.

There will be 15 of us watching it live and we have the champagne on ice.

Personally I think Aldo's kicks will be too much, where do you guys think Aldo will win it?

I'm hoping it will end in a full mount and McGregor's face getting smashed to bits but I don't see it happening, I think it will go the distance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poor bait,enjoy the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Gamebred wrote: »
    Poor bait,enjoy the ban.

Why would I get banned?
    Are you not allowed to support other fighters here?

Its no bait either, the guy is detestable.

You have been registered/posting for 2 weeks,come back when your hair is wet before calling for people to be banned. I don't think you realise how this site works, its not the official McGregor website.Support of other fighters is allowed.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Why would I get banned?

WholePessimisticHyrax.gif

Hilarious, you posted a gif, absolute legend. Here's your medal :rolleyes:

You never answered btw, why would I be banned for not supporting Conor. You were adamant it would result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why would I get banned?

Plenty of threads already to support who ever you like.
    But I doubt anybody thinks you're actually serious. The last time two posts on the forum were "What time is Conor fighting", and "What time is Lesnar fighting".

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Plenty of threads already to support who ever you like.
    But I doubt anybody thinks you're actually serious. The last time two posts on the forum were "What time is Conor fighting", and "What time is Lesnar fighting".

Yes because I casually watch MMA, I prefer boxing so I have no reason to post in this forum. I do however seriously hope he gets beaten on Saturday as does everyone I know, so this thread is for others who feel the same and would like to show their support for Jose Aldo.

You say there are plenty of threads to support other fighters, can you provide me with the link to the Jose Also support thread please? I cant see it..

There are loads of McGregor threads so why cant there be an Aldo thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Poor bait,enjoy the ban.

There are a lot of Irish who don't like him at all, but the de-facto stance is that we support Irish people internationally no matter how awful of a person that person is.

I mean I would root for Ireland when he fights. However if he gets the ****e kicked out of him and loses then I'd also be quite satisfied. A win-win for me really.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    There are a lot of Irish who don't like him at all, but the de-facto stance is that we support Irish people internationally no matter how awful of a person that person is.

I mean I would root for Ireland when he fights. However if he gets the ****e kicked out of him and loses then I'd also be quite satisfied. A win-win for me really.

Exactly, I like to see Irish people do well but it isn't universal. Its a small country mentality.

His comment about Favelas in Brazil and numerous other crass statements have led alot of people to dislike him and I dont see why we shouldn't be allowed a thread to cheer Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The OP called him a knacker before editing his post. So is clearly just trying to rile people.

Lots of people don't like him on the forum, they usually don't go around abusing him though.

Fromvert wrote: »
    The OP called him a knacker before editing his post. So is clearly just trying to rile people.

Lots of people don't like him on the forum, they usually don't go around abusing him though.

Yes I did because I feel strongly but I edited it so it wasn't taken up incorrectly and fit within the charter, so your point is absolutely moot. It doesn't say it now so whats your point..

I the football forum we have people supporting different teams so why cant the MMA forum have people supporting Aldo?

If you cant take the fact that there are people who are cheering your beloved McGregor to lose then I hate to tell you but there are many of us.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »

A clear fighter bashing thread and awful fishing attempt at getting a few bites by a cyber warrior who wouldnt call him a knacker to his face,schools must be off for x mas holidays early

zero problem with people supporting Aldo been a fan for donkeys myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yes I did because I feel strongly but I edited it so it wasn't taken up incorrectly and fit within the charter, so your point is absolutely moot. It doesn't say it now so whats your point..

I the football forum we have people supporting different teams so why cant the MMA forum have people supporting Aldo?

Nobody said you can't have a thread supporting Aldo, lots of people support Aldo in the forum.

A clear fighter bashing thread and awful fishing attempt at getting a few bites by a cyber warrior who wouldnt call him a knacker to his face,schools must be off for x mas holidays early

zero problem with people supporting Aldo been a fan for donkeys myself.

Well you clearly do have a problem with it and if you have supported Jose for "Donkeys" like you claim, you would be in full support of this thread.

Well you clearly do have a problem with it and if you have supported Jose for "Donkeys" like you claim, you would be in full support of this thread.

Go to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement