Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Spoiler* White goes crazy at press conference

Options
  • 14-06-2009 9:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/9626/
    White goes crazy on Cro Cop at press conference

Dana White went wild at the post-fight press conference when the discussion of Mirko Cro Cop signing a three-fight deal with Dream was brought up.

Cro Cop, who had talked about making a run for the UFC heavyweight title to White, had the word in Japan get out on Friday from manager Ken Imai that he had signed with Dream and would be appearing on the 7/20 show. UFC officials didn't get the word until last night. Due to the death of Mitsuharu Misawa, the news got very little play in Japan after it broke.

"Isn't that a dirty ****ing thing to do?" said White. "He ****ed me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he ****ed me."

White did reveal that Cro Cop had turned down numerous opponents for the show (he had turned down a match with Cain Velasquez and others).

White said he would never use Cro Cop again, saying, "He didn't keep his word. He talked about honor and all this other **** and he ****ed me. He fed me this bull**** about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other ****ing fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn't just poke Al-Turk, he poked me, too."

Cro Cop didn't come to the post fight press conference.

Looks like he used an "easy" UFC win for leverage. Im not a Dana or UFC hater but is still funny to see him get ****ed every once in a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

You'd wonder why Cro Cop did it. The better opponents and bigger opportunity for fame are in the UFC, but he's already a bigger star in Japan and can probably get more money there

Dana obviously trusted him more than he trusts Fedor and his management :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

That link requires a log in.
    Does he talk about it in the post-fight conference that's on the main ufc site?
    I flicked through it and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Brilliant. You the man mirko. :D

Seifer wrote: »
    That link requires a log in.

Everything's quoted in the post anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Fozzy wrote: »
    Everything's quoted in the post anyway
    So there's no video of it anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Cro Cop:
    I don't know why Dana fell for the hype and rumors before talking to me. I hoped we could talk to continue working together and the only problematic thing is how long I have to wait between the fights. I don't want to sit at home for months and wait for somebody to call me to fight.
    I'm greatfull for opportunity in Collogne and despite Dana's harsh words I'm ready to prolong my contract

Link

Bet Dana will feel like a proper knob if this is true!

Good news IMO. Would love to see Cro Cop perform well in the UFC.

Cro Cop's agent said that he's signed with DREAM. Dave Meltzer just wrote that the UFC officials that he's spoken with all believe that Cro Cop screwed them over, and he said that his belief is that Cro Cop's signed nothing yet and is just playing both sides off each other for leverage in gettin the most money that he can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

He looked like crap anyway to be honest.

Don't know why he doesn't consider a drop to 205

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Cro Cop is a legend but he is finished as an elite fighter. Dana is simply trying to use him as a cash cow as the guy is so popular.

Advertisement