Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can play with them even if you use kbm. You don't have to restrict yourself to a controller :eek:

You both just need to have crossplay enabled.

If I use the controller though they won't have to play against KBM though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If I use the controller though they won't have to play against KBM though isn't it?

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah, controller only is an option on crossplay too.

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah, controller only is an option on crossplay too.

Yea that's what I meant. It'd fairer on the Xbox lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yea that's what I meant. It'd fairer on the Xbox lads.
    Everytime you're doing well they're going to think you're using your KB/M:p

Everytime you're doing well they're going to think you're using your KB/M:p

Don't worry I won't ever be doing well because I was never any good at COD :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ryzen 4500U benchmarks leaked

8th-gen console performance from a 15W laptop chip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that would make a great casual gaming laptop

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's better than what Intel have been throwing out that's for sure and I know it's only 15W but Far Cry and AC: Odyssey at 720p, low setting at 30FPS isn't exactly great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Guys looking for a mouse and keyboard

Mechanical keyboard and FPS mouse

New or used what would you recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Guys looking for a mouse and keyboard

Mechanical keyboard and FPS mouse

New or used what would you recommend?

Check out Rocket Jump Ninja and/or Badseed Tech on YouTube for a starting point. And use https://gearsearch.gg/ to compare size/shapes of ones you might be familiar with. Mice preferences are too subjective really though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

G502 lightspeed wireless.

Razer blackwidow elite .

Love them both

Mechanical keyboards are the devil. I can't stand hearing clacking sounds over discord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Always used the ~500 Logitech but got a corsair ironwolf lately and it's nice.

Good for large hands, had a large arch to it and indented buttons. Only thing I miss is the scroll wheel from the 500s. But the

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭Homelander

Skerries wrote: »
    that would make a great casual gaming laptop

It really wouldn't. Playing the latest games at lowest possible settings 25-30fps is not what I would call any sort of a gaming laptop. You can get GTX1650 laptops for €700ish that would be 4 times faster. It's more a case of being able to run CSGO or Rocket League type stuff better than Intel, but still completely unsuitable for any level of moden casual gaming.

If I was looking for an Xbox controller to use with my PC, is this the one I should be looking at? Has a nice discount at the moment.

If I was looking for an Xbox controller to use with my PC, is this the one I should be looking at? Has a nice discount at the moment.

Yup. I have the Phantom White version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Does that one have bluetooth?
    Very good price if so.

Remouad wrote: »
    Does that one have bluetooth?
    Very good price if so.

The description doesn't mention it, but the Q&As beneath says it should. Think I'll chance it anyway.

Edit: Sold out until March 12th :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nvidia have #RTXon trending worldwide with their competiion.

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1229450438992285696

The description doesn't mention it, but the Q&As beneath says it should. Think I'll chance it anyway.

Edit: Sold out until March 12th :o

So I went ahead and ordered this anyway, on the 13th. Got an email on the 17th telling me the expected delivery date had been changed from mid-March to this week! Picked it up from Parcel Motel today, and it is indeed the Bluetooth model. Happy out.

• Advertisement

So I went ahead and ordered this anyway, on the 13th. Got an email on the 17th telling me the expected delivery date had been changed from mid-March to this week! Picked it up from Parcel Motel today, and it is indeed the Bluetooth model. Happy out.

Gone back up to £45 so you got a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well, now seems like a pretty good time to get back into gaming since were probably looking at 2 months with not a whole lot for doing. I was considering doing a new build. I wonder what are the odds of supplies of that sort of "non-essential" stuff being disrupted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Need a new controller after my Xbox pad has been acting up lately. Any decent cheap ones you can get in Argos (assuming it's open) or Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Need a new controller after my Xbox pad has been acting up lately. Any decent cheap ones you can get in Argos (assuming it's open) or Amazon?

Being using this wired brand I got in Argos a while ago, no issues. Smae price in Smyths as well.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8242530/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONTROLLER.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh, looks like the Argos website has got the virus as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Skerries wrote: »
    oh, looks like the Argos website has got the virus as well

It was up an hour ago, I'd say they're in the process of shutting down after today's announcement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TRQH45S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1PC9UGPV6EBXM&psc=1

Like the look of that, especially i'm spending a lot of time playing Breath of the Wild on Cemu. Gyro would be great for that.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TRQH45S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1PC9UGPV6EBXM&psc=1

Like the look of that, especially i'm spending a lot of time playing Breath of the Wild on Cemu. Gyro would be great for that.

How does that cemu emulator preform and is it easy to set up? Looks like were going to have a lot of time on our hands.. never played a zelda game before..

Yeah was certainly a pain using an android phone for gyro for some of the puzzle

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    How does that cemu emulator preform and is it easy to set up? Looks like were going to have a lot of time on our hands.. never played a zelda game before..

Runs really well for me at 1080p anyway (i5, gtx1070). Near 60fps throughout, and looks fantastic. There are some great tutorials on YouTube for it that i can link if needed.
    Yeah was certainly a pain using an android phone for gyro for some of the puzzle
    Had to do that for the last shrine i was in. Ingenious use of the phones motion controls, but i'd rather not have to do that again.

Handy setup video for the latest version.
    This guy puts out a setup and optimisation guide for each release.

If you have time you should go back and play some of the earlier Zeldas too.
    Link to the past especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Astartes Part 5 is out:

If you're not familiar, it's a series of animated shorts in the Warhammer 40k universe made by one guy unaffiliated with Games Workshop.

The production quality is absolutely mindblowing. Incredible cinematography, possible the best sound design I've ever encountered in any form of media of any sort.

Watch the whole thing from start to finish. There's a playlist on his youtube channel.

Gbear wrote: »
    Astartes Part 5 is out:

If you're not familiar, it's a series of animated shorts in the Warhammer 40k universe made by one guy unaffiliated with Games Workshop.

The production quality is absolutely mindblowing. Incredible cinematography, possible the best sound design I've ever encountered in any form of media of any sort.

Watch the whole thing from start to finish. There's a playlist on his youtube channel.

Awesome.
    Thought these got removed because of GW putting in a copyright claim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Awesome.

No, GW never did that to the Astartes series. The guy behind this did have an issue with some scumbags managing to hijack his channel and trying to ransom it back to him about six months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Awesome.

The channel went down because someone knicked it, but it was sorted out with Youtube, the creator got the channel back, and everything is well with the world.

There's a history of independent 40k content on Youtube, with Death of Hope, and Richard Boylan's Helsreach series, and GW seem to be ok with it.

They'd be mad to take issue with it. It's free advertising.

They've even given Boylan a job. He's making some content either for his own Space Marines series, or an anthology, or both.

Some gigantic IPs probably have more cause to clamp down on this kind of stuff, but at the moment, all it's doing is whetting the apetite for GW to get into the TV medium.

There's an Eisenhorn live action show coming as well. I haven't read the books, but apparently they're quite good. It's being made by the guy who did Phillip K Dick's The Man in the High Castle, which I haven't seen yet but is apparently quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,632 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who wants a free The Outer Worlds key. Can only be used on the Epic launcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Headshot wrote: »
    Who wants a free The Outer Worlds key. Can only be used on the Epic launcher

Please if it's going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still have to think for a second every time I see Outer Worlds/Wilds which is which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,632 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Please if it's going

PM sent

Enjoy

Varik wrote: »
    Still have to think for a second every time I see Outer Worlds/Wilds which is which.

Same here, Is Outer Wilds on PC yet, tried it on Xbox game pass on Xbox but gave up after a few minutes because I had to use a controller:D:D

• Advertisement

Same here, Is Outer Wilds on PC yet, tried it on Xbox game pass on Xbox but gave up after a few minutes because I had to use a controller:D:D

Both of them are on pc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Already on Epic and XBox game pass, on Steam in June.

Spear wrote: »
    Already on Epic and XBox game pass, on Steam in June.

Dont see it on game pass, not buying it on steam or epic because as soon as I do it will come to PC game pass.

Dont see it on game pass, not buying it on steam or epic because as soon as I do it will come to PC game pass.

It's already on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it ages ago.

It's already on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it ages ago.

Console only I think at the moment, although I was sure I saw to previous on Game Pass PC.

Console only I think

I have it installed on my PC from at least 2 months ago...

"You can play The Outer Worlds with Xbox Game Pass for PC or buy it to own."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/the-outer-worlds/9mwd2z8l1fbq?source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I have it installed on my PC from at least 2 months ago...

Not showing up for me at all. I could of sworn though I saw it there a good while ago.

lol, im talking about The Outer Wilds:D:D:D

lol, im talking about The Outer Wilds:D:D:D

My bad. Need to do a coffee run :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worlds is on both, Wilds is just console: https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/games

508637.png

Terrible brand confusion between those games :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement