Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat B7 2.0 TDI missfire

Options
  • 21-02-2020 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Hi Just reaching out for peoples two cents on this i have an intermittent missfire of the car its only when cold and i can hear clicking noise coming from the engine which matches with the revs

i have hooked up the car to OBDeleven to check the injector variace and all seems to be ok at idle aprox 0.40mg/stroke max variance

however under load or driving it can shoot up to to 1.4mg/stroke

and ideas what it could be or what i should check

also my fuel economy has taken a dive of late

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Do them engines suffer from camshaft wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'm haven't seen much about it online however this engine doesn't use the cam for diesel injection its actuated electronically so I'm just wondering if I need to get the injectors refurbished at this point

I have already done a full service including fuel filter and glow plugs and this has improved the situation but not totally solved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Have you considered the injector pump? A fuel pressure test may be worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

If your fuel economy has taken a dive it would point to maybe unburned fuel \injection trouble.
    Is the car smokey and if so what colour is the smoke.

bigroad wrote:
    If your fuel economy has taken a dive it would point to maybe unburned fuel \injection trouble. Is the car smokey and if so what colour is the smoke.

it's not that smokey to be honest definitely no oil being burnt, you can smell the diesel fumes a mile away though

I'll take a reading of the fuel rail pressure and post here to see if it's up to snuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

I take it there are no engine lights on.
    You did a scan and no fuel rail pressure sensor can up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd be starting with an injector cleaner. There's a popular issue with the 1.6 EA288's of that nature, poor running on cold start and a lot of diesel knock where carbon builds up on the injector tips and upsets the spray pattern.

What age and mileage is the car?

What age and mileage is the car?

the car has 250,000 Km's on it and shes 9 years old

I'll try an injector cleaner and see how I get on

ok so rail pressure is reading out in KPA so coming in between 24000 and 25000 kpa which is between 240 and 350 bar

Advertisement