Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs requirement

Options
  • 17-02-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I just noticed that Spin1038 and south west no longer have talk shows. They used to be on in the early afternoon.

Is this recent?
    Has the current affairs requirement been dropped from some stations?
    Will more stations be following suit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Yes spin, I & beat were allowed drop news/current affairs from 20% to 10% about 18 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Long_Wave wrote: »
    Yes spin, I & beat were allowed drop news/current affairs from 20% to 10% about 18 months ago.

Thanks.

That’s interesting. Seems a bit unfair in terms of costs between stations. I wonder if other stations will get the same, particularly if youth orientated e.g. FM104, Redfm or just a blanket change of the
    Rule for all

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

With the rise of Spotify and Podcasts, you would think that radio station would invest in good talk content that could be used as a podcast. Newstalk and TalkSport in the UK are two great stations wholly based on talk, people can get whatever music they want elsewhere, you would think some engaging content would help grow interest.

Advertisement