Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet alarm clock radio recommendations?

• 13-02-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Looking for internet alarm clock radio recommendations.

Ideally, it would have two specific features...

1. A weekday alarm option, so that you don’t have to turn off the alarm at weekends.

2. That if an earphone is left plugged in overnight, it doesn’t mute the alarm.

The Ruark Audio model has both of the above (I own one) but, it’s only Bluetooth, not internet.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dunno about the earphone aspect. Alarm setting shouldn't be an issue. Look up Roberts, I've one of theirs over 10+ years. https://www.robertsradio.com/uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

I don't think the Azatom is internet, only Bluetooth?

Roberts make internet radios. But, none of their clock radios are internet, I think.

D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The alarm on mine is a choice of buzzer/DAB/FM/internet. I wake up to BBC Radio 4. If the wifi is down in the morning, which sometimes happens, it defaults to the buzzer.

Roberts 94i would be perfect if leaving an earphone plugged in didn’t mute the alarm 😫 Otherwise, it has everything I’m after.

I would imagine that a simple firmware update would solve this. My current Ruark clock radio has this feature, but doesn’t have internet.

D.

• Advertisement

Is a sleep feature any use? The device will knock itself off after a certain amount of minutes, after playing a station out loud. The alarm would kick in in the morning. Or is the earphone aspect essential?

Is a sleep feature any use? The device will knock itself off after a certain amount of minutes, after playing a station out loud. The alarm would kick in in the morning. Or is the earphone aspect essential?

Thanks.

Earphone essential. I’m a night owl, she’s a lark!

Regularly listen to BBC talk radio in the small hours and fall asleep with earphone in. The Ruark is perfect for this.

After all these years, losing Virgin FM service is a bit of a bummer. Engineer told me only 1% usage. Hard to believe so few availed if it.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Dinarius wrote: »
    Thanks.

I don't think the Azatom is internet, only Bluetooth?

Roberts make internet radios. But, none of their clock radios are internet, I think.

D.

Apologies, I missed that in the original questions-yes, it's BT/Aux/FM analogue only.

I have never used it as an alarm (the phone does that), but I do use the sleep function to stream my Spotify/TuneIn etc.

And to be fair the audio is quite good for the size of it. I think it has a headphone jack too?

Only quibble is that the display is ridiculously bright and I usually end up turning it off altogether.

Roberts replied to me and said they would consider including no mute of the alarm (with earphone plugged in) as a new feature in the 94i. If they do, I’ll buy one.

Meanwhile, I’ve taken to using my phone (normally switched off downstairs) and the Bluetooth in my Ruark Audio alarm clock, to listen to BBC radio. Working perfectly. Only quibble is that changing channels is messy. But, it’s a solution.

As an aside; since Virgin engineer was here last week, both wifi and, in particular, Ethernet internet are better. Now 240/250 download all the time and 25 upload. Upload used to be in single figures all the time.

D.

Advertisement