Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damp proofing advice

• 16-02-2020 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm looking to build a lean to timber frame shed off 2 existing L-shape garden walls. My question is what do I need to apply to the walls to ensure there is no damp in the shed. The walls are solid blocks on the flat with sand/cement dome shape on the top and dry dashing on the gardens external side.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Are the walls exposed?
    what's the plan for the floor?
    Is there a DPC in the walls?
    does the ground slope to or away from the site?
    Are both walls your with unfettered access?

Forget about damp proofing, work on keeping it dry.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bigdave000000

The walls are exposed and the floor will sit on 1200 gauge polythene(Poured concrete, DPC and timbers on top). The polythene could be pulled up the walls in one piece but i would need to puncture it to fix the timbers.
    The walls dont have DPC.
    Ground slightly slopes away.
    Both walls are mine - no access issues.

Not concerned with keeping it dry from the new parts. The roof will be a approx 15 degrees, torch on felt with the new walls being T&G boards painted with exterior wood paint.

Advertisement