Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House swap for working from home

Options
  • 19-01-2021 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Myself and my husband are both working from home since the pandemic struck with no sign of of any change to that arrangement this year. We had an idea we would love to go to France (or possibly Germany) for a couple of months this summer, to work from home over there. Our daughter is doing French and German for her junior cert next year so that would be a main motivator, plus the burning desire to get away!
    We figure we could go there and do 2 weeks of isolation when we get there which would leave us 6-8 weeks to live/holiday over there.
    Looking for suggestions on whether this is a do-able plan in the currently climate, and if so if anyone can recommend a suitable home/house swap website that we could use where we might find another family who would wanted to do a longer house swap. I've researched a few but there's quite a hefty joining fee so want to be sure of the right one before I fork out cash. Any tip/ideas/opinion are welcome!

Advertisement