Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

In some ways I kinda dont blame em.
    In the last 3 or 4 months. I have dents/paint chipped from ppl not opening their doors carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Should be a special parking dispensation for people who have a phobia of dents.

Dentophobia

/dɛntoˈfəʊbɪə/

noun

A fear of parking in public car parks beside plebs who don't give a sh!t about their car or anyone else's. These people will often park right beside you in a completely empty section of the car park and damage your car despite the fact that you parked there in order to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Is it proper S4 or Donegal S4 ? Them exhaust pipes look dodgy as f

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Carpentry wrote: »
    Is it proper S4 or Donegal S4 ? Them exhaust pipes look dodgy as f
    Make AUDI
    Model S4
    Description 3.0 TFSI QUATTRO 5DR
    Engine Capacity 2995

Yep looks like a genuine S4, but I agree the exhausts looked off, but might be just used to the more oval ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Looks so much better with the plate holder on the front. I think it will look even better once there's a white plate in it, to break up the big slab of black.

530299.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What are these large 'blanks' on the front of this, terrible looking

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My Microsoft Paint skills

The4.jpg

And how it will look in a few years once they hit €10k and fall into the wrong hands

The4-1.jpg

I'd say they're radar?

Looks even worse on the models that have chrome slats in the grille.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd say they're radar?

Looks even worse on the models that have chrome slats in the grille.

Look like a poverty spec vehicle with plastic where the fancier stuff goes, between that and those giant slack jawed grills like the beemer posted I'm not impressed with frontal design on some things recently

Look like a poverty spec vehicle with plastic where the fancier stuff goes, between that and those giant slack jawed grills like the beemer posted I'm not impressed with frontal design on some things recently

EECA43-D7-FC0-C-4-C13-9790-EBD5-FA53-E18-A.png

This is the S6, looks like an unmarked police car.

I thought the sensor on the front of the skoda looked messy, that’s way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

It’s an Audi so probably more fake exhausts 😀

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

R.O.R wrote: »
    Looks so much better with the plate holder on the front. I think it will look even better once there's a white plate in it, to break up the big slab of black.
    It still looks fugly.
    Even Bangle's stuff is starting to look good against that grill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Audi e-tron with cameras instead of mirrors

DC7OLBt.jpg
    CYrtWHX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I could just see them being way too tempting for a little scumbag not to kick them off and land you with a very expensive repair bill.

The ones on the Honda E seem to be a bit more descreate:

5-honda-e-2020-rt-wing-mirrors.jpg?itok=WD0gxWST

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Looks cheap madly. Can only imagine the cost of it breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

You think they could have made them retractable at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Or the camera fogs up. Honestly think they are a step backwards. Somethings just work why fix what's isn't broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If my mirrors fog up I give them a quick wipe, I don't see this being any different when you have a camera.

I'll stick to my mirrors for now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They could have a heater circuit around cameras to stop them fogging the way some mirrors also have heater circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Where is the screen? In the centre console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

This is the S6, looks like an unmarked police car.

I thought the sensor on the front of the skoda looked messy, that’s way worse.

The VW Radar is in the badge, best design so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Belfast

AlTMGbJ.jpg
    EV2Sg2z.jpg
    N668SRa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Interslice wrote: »
    Where is the screen? In the centre console?

I hope it is like in the Mercedes trucks - on the sides inside the cabin, otherwise it will take a while to get used to.

Saying that I think they are example of overengineering of simple things that work.

I could see the benefit in large trucks to eliminate blind spots etc, but with rather small passenger car I see no need at all.

Blind spot warning should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

wonski wrote: »
    I hope it is like in the Mercedes trucks - on the sides inside the cabin, otherwise it will take a while to get used to.

Saying that I think they are example of overengineering of simple things that work.

I could see the benefit in large trucks to eliminate blind spots etc, but with rather small passenger car I see no need at all.

Blind spot warning should be enough.

Ye I don't get it. Looks to me like taking a massive brick of an SUV and tring to pretend it's aerodynamic because it has no mirrors. Looking at your centre console as you turn right is very odd too.. Must have a screen in the A pillars...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Interslice wrote: »
    Ye I don't get it. Looks to me like taking a massive brick of an SUV and tring to pretend it's aerodynamic because it has no mirrors. Looking at your centre console as you turn right is very odd too.. Must have a screen in the A pillars...

the screens for the cameras are in the door

audi_virtualmirror_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Mercedes-AMG C43 Cabriolet:
    [IMG][/img]k0D7lSkl.jpg

Porsche 911:
    [IMG][/img]OX1s4wxl.jpg

Rover Cooper:
    [IMG][/img]s0fymGOl.jpg

Mercedes-Benz S500L:
    [IMG][/img]rKmK0Pgl.jpg

Renault Sport Clio:
    [IMG][/img]R5dz9vul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

In my opinion that C43 beside A35, E43, E53 (hope didn't miss any) is one of those which shouldn't wear AMG badges. I know they changed names and it's now Mercedes AMG C43 and not Mercedes C63 AMG but still... it's just wrong. Does they have the same angine build system as 'proper' AMG (if there is any proper left). I mean do they have that badge in the engine with name of person who build/quality check engine or is it just usual Mercedes to make people think they are that bit more special driving AMG ?

I've been a big AMG fan for years and my heart is bleeding seeing what they did to company. Mercedes-Benz should never put hands on it and it should stay as separate company.

Btw saw AMG E53 Convertible on M50 last sunday, NI reg and wouldn't be anything super special but it was yellow - very brave colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

In my opinion that C43 beside A35, E43, E53 (hope didn't miss any) is one of those which shouldn't wear AMG badges. I know they changed names and it's now Mercedes AMG C43 and not Mercedes C63 AMG but still... it's just wrong. Does they have the same angine build system as 'proper' AMG (if there is any proper left). I mean do they have that badge in the engine with name of person who build/quality check engine or is it just usual Mercedes to make people think they are that bit more special driving AMG ?

I agree 100% they shouldn’t be marketed as AMG models. It’s pretty much false advertising IMO. Those models do not have engines built by AMG (with the badge etc.). In the case of the A35 I believe it’s an engine from Renault that’s being used!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sendeniz

I've been a big AMG fan for years and my heart is bleeding seeing what they did to company. Mercedes-Benz should never put hands on it and it should stay as separate company.

Btw saw AMG E53 Convertible on M50 last sunday, NI reg and wouldn't be anything super special but it was yellow - very brave colour.

Apart from the “fake” AMG badging, c43 has one of the best sounding V6s out there IMO, maybe after jag f-type’s V6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

Nice reg on this Aston in Bray recently - see it around quite a bit

531025.jpg

Advertisement