Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo C30 D2 - engine question.

• 15-01-2021 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

The daughter of a friend of mine bought a 2010 Volvo C30 D2.
    I maintain a few cars for family and friends and one of the first jobs I advise is to check when cambelt ( if it has one ) was replaced.
    This car , he tells me, has a service history but no mention of a cambelt change - it now has about 143K mls on the clock.
    I have found it very difficult to get information on how to identify which engine it has - the sticker on the engine was a bit faded/damaged but these are some of the info he could make out
    DV6C
    M9515
    ELD61 1308 101
    AV 60 900 7A.
    The tax book says the engine is 115bhp.
    From reading various forums etc it seems that some engines have a timing belt from crankshaft to exh cam and then a chain between the cams.
    And some cars have only 8 valves and others have 16.
    I'm hoping someone here may be familiar with Volvo and be able to offer some advice re changing belt etc .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A nice guy on here called Hellrazer will help you by DM..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Had a 2007 S40 with the same engine, its a Peugeot HDI with a cambelt change due at 140k km. 16 valve was mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭John.G

Maybe a long time ago but I think some of the 8v had a non interference engine so no worries re engine damage even if the cam belt did break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭BavarianCare

160,000kms/120mths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Thanks for replies.
    Has anyone of you changed the TB yourselves - have changed many belts but never one of these. Just wondering if they are reasonably straightforward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement