Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What car would you like to see re-introduced to the market?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

road_high wrote: »
    They have an even smaller lighter yoke called the Ami just out. More of a Renault Twizzy rival. Doubt it’s in Ireland yet if ever

Ye but that technacly is not a car. It's more like a city mobed thing. I applaud Citroen for doing it do but just like the Twizzey I doubt we will see many of them here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

Not sure why but when I was a kid my dream car was a mazda 323f.

I used to love them they are so retro and would buy one now if they came out the same shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Regrettably, you're probably crediting Ford with more imagination than they posess.

When you see them slap the Mustang brand onto an ugly electric SUV you know they're bang out of ideas

That's worse than the 80s Mustang.

Ms

AndOne wrote: »

I used to love them they are so retro and would buy one now if they came out the same shape.

The brother nearly bought one in 99 but by then they were ancient and the Ford Focus had just come out which he bought and which was a much more modern, much nicer car to drive and be in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Would love a re-release of the BMW E38 , still looks great.

but that said Id love the landcruiser amazon (landcruiser V8/200) back for sale. Serious machines and Toyota just abandoned us in 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

NSU Prinz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Would love a re-release of the BMW E38 , still looks great.

They're still stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I do like the look of the current Accord

2021-honda-accord-hybrid-front-three-quarters.jpg

Shame they won't bring it back to these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

FGR wrote: »
    I do like the look of the current Accord

2021-honda-accord-hybrid-front-three-quarters.jpg

Shame they won't bring it back to these shores.

The European Accord was not actually related to the US Accord at all. It’s equivalent was an Acura TSX. That car too was discontinued in the US in 2014.

It was replaced by the TLX. This is the latest version

https://www.acura.com/tlx

I’d love to see this here but we’re never going to see gas guzzling cars like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Peter T

AndOne wrote: »

I've a new found love for these after seeing pics of them in touring car spec

PoGDiQPNTwCy1e7arfluDA?w=1200&h=899&fm=webp&auto=compress&lossless=true&fit=crop&crop=faces&dpr=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Peter T wrote: »
    I've a new found love for these after seeing pics of them in touring car spec

PoGDiQPNTwCy1e7arfluDA?w=1200&h=899&fm=webp&auto=compress&lossless=true&fit=crop&crop=faces&dpr=1

It'd be hard to find a car that didn't look good in touring car spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Mercedes W108/9

Mercedes_Benz_300_SEL_6.3_W109_Kaufberatung_1.jpg

are there enough alabanian mobsters in the country to fill that market ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Saab 900 in Hybrid Form.
    Ford Cosworth ............ a beast of a car with serious grunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Would love some of Toyota’s Asian machines sold here such as the fortuner or v6 Prado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I was hoping that someone would restart building the Hummer H3,

539240.jpeg

And now they have, expected as an EV in 2022 at the lovely cost of $100,000

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

smurfjed wrote: »

Has GM's record of reliability improved at all in recent years or are they still in the business of making disposable cars?

I like the design of a lot of GMs cars. It's just that these days you can't help but notice there aren't many daewoos or chevrolets around anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

That’s my 2nd GM, 12 years old and hasn’t left me stuck anywhere until now. Biggest previous issues were a blown tire and a flat battery, but this one is South African built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Would love to see Saab back. New models with the old philosophy of quirky but dependable and durable.

My auld lad had a 9000 back in the day and his work switched them to Audis which he didn't like at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Bring back indirect mechanical diesel engines, please.

Fed up of these pint sized paperweights with football whistle turbos and more computing power than a comms rack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

539240.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars/Hummer/H3

Slightly cheaper used option for ya ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ambro25 wrote: »

jeeze thats lovely - sadly I am not though :sad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

McGaggs wrote: »
    That's worse than the 80s Mustang.

I think its ok, except for the bloody ipad embedded in the dash, its one reason I wouldnt buy a Tesla.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

AMKC wrote: »

Now that's cool: I'd like that, in the yellow too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

AMKC wrote: »

That's fantastic and exactly the road they should go down. Yes!

When you see the likes of this and the Honda e, it's clear that well implemented and designed retro-electric vehicles are a great way to bring a brand back.

hopefully the production vehicle will end up pretty similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Toyota Corolla Seventh generation (E100 1991 to 96) I had one, and sorely regret letting it go. Low tec and no annoying Christmas tree lights on the dashboard.

Dan.

Toyota Corolla Seventh generation (E100 1991 to 96) I had one, and sorely regret letting it go. Low tec and no annoying Christmas tree lights on the dashboard.

I had a 1997 vintage until some gouger broke into it last summer. Heart breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

SKODA YETI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

Not all that sexy but I would love to see Honda reintroducing their FRV. Amazing car, compact, perfect for carrying 2 adults + 3 kids with room for one more. You can fold seats in various ways to carry all sorts of stuff in it too. Really an awesome car, to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Somebody has done it with the Jensen Interceptor R, by all accounts an incredible car.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jia/interceptor-r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Qui, je t’aime!!
    Renault 5 reimagined as an electric car- this was a hugely popular car in Ireland from the 70s to the 80s. The shape is iconic;
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/renault-5-reborn-electric-supermini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Shame they had to do it with a fridge freezer power unit (I would love if they did one with a petrol engine, even as an option), but I love the way it looks!

Apparently the 4 is being revived with a milk float engine as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The H2 is the one that should come back, bigger, louder, with a huge silly 6 litre V8 , the build quality was terrible and it did single digit mpg figures but it was an iconic looking vehicle and the pinnacle of boom year conspicuous consumption.

Ms

Honda S2000. What a great car. Still looks great. Bring it back Honda.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Saab - any Saab

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Ms

galwaytt wrote: »
    Saab - any Saab

I still think the last model 9-5 looks great. It's just a pity it was too little too late for Saab at that stage.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Shame they had to do it with a fridge freezer power unit (I would love if they did one with a petrol engine, even as an option), but I love the way it looks!

Apparently the 4 is being revived with a milk float engine as well.

Give me a Renault 4 Van and I'm there. Complete with load area hatch for carrying the ladder.

540350.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The older model Kangoo had the giraffe hatch as an option too. I think even the current one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Peter T

Would love one with the old french post livery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I can see a lot of Honda's in this thread, it shows just how badly Honda have dropped the ball in terms of offerings.
    I can't look at the current range and see anything that would interest me as a practical car.
    FRV,S2000,Accord etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1032242
    My parents had one of these, bring it back everyday.

Advertisement