Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oils for hair treatment, thinning, regrowth - Castor, coconut, rosemary, vit B etc

Options
  • 21-01-2021 2:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

https://www.allure.com/story/castor-oil-for-hair-growth
    Castor oil, as some might already know, is one of the most popular all-natural "panaceas." Go ahead, Google it: What you'll find is article after article about how the viscous oil can help with shedding, breakage, and regrowth. But unlike rosemary oil and vitamin B5, both of which have studies that back up their aid in hair growth, scientific evidence surrounding castor oil is lacking. (Any testimonials about castor oil for hair growth are anecdotal, coming mostly from blogs, Reddit, and YouTube.)

Just started looking into this a little since it was mention on this forum a few times.

https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-for-hair-growth

Lavender and rosemary oil, few drops mixed with regular hair oil like coconut or olive oil seem to be more scientifically documented.
    According to one study, rosemary oil performed as well as minoxidil, a common hair growth treatment, but with less scalp itching as a side effect.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Experience report outlining using drops of lavender oil in a carrier oil (like coconut/emu) with apparent good hair growth success.

This has completely replaced conventional hair products for me (like wax, brill cream etc).

The right mix of oil has an infinitely better results, less of a sticky mess, easier to apply, and good for hair growth repair, scalp well being etc.

Not to mention way cheaper.

I'm officially addicted to hair oil.

Any other suggestions for worthwhile oils?

Tea tree oil seems popular, any good experience with it for hair growth?

I've read they can be mixed with aloe vera and massaged into the scalp, or a few drops with a carrier oil.

Can't believe I spent so many years using lame gel/wax/cream based products.

Advertisement