Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster or tile a bathroom?

Options
  • 02-09-2019 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Bit of a novice. What would people reckon is the best option? I presume plastering is a bit cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Perez2017 wrote: »
    Bit of a novice. What would people reckon is the best option? I presume plastering is a bit cheaper?

Plastering definitely cheaper.
    It depends on the area and how wet it is going to get.
    Saw a house on grand designs recently (was an old repeat) and the man of the house (it was a mansion actually) says he doesnt know why people don't use glass panels over painted wall instead of tiles.
    And if Id have thought of that when i was doing my renovation, id have done it.

Not sure of the cost with respect to tiling, but i think it would run tiling close.
    You can get coloured glass, which is common backsplash for kitchens, and that would obviously be more expensive than clear glass.

Just a thought...

Advertisement