Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of facia and soffit board replacement

Options
  • 01-09-2019 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Could somebody give me a ballpark price of replacement of facia and soffit board on a 3 bedroom bungalow. I measured the perimeter to be just under 48 metres or that's approximately 157.5 foot if you are old school. There are however 2 high gables and 1 lower gable so you can add a few metres to that length. Price I'd be looking for is materials and fitting in Limerick area. All constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Bump, anyone able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭raxy

I've a 3bed semi & was quoted ~1000.

Thanks Raxy, Was that supply and fit or supply only?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭raxy

Supplied & fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Around €600-700 depending on the size and how many units. Take VAT and a single unit into account and your looking at €900-1000. You will probably get new gutters and down pipes included in that figure by some contractors.

Shop around as much as you can, most places will offer a free quotation. You'd be amazed at how quotations vary in construction for the exactly same product or service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I know it's what you're trying to avoid, but get a good few quotes and judge for yourself what seems good value.

Do you know if you want PVC, or just replacing the existing timber?

You get an idea of what the going rate is once you speak to a few guys; although there can be crazy variations between the prices with very little obvious difference in the service and materials used (if there is any difference at all).
    Also, if you have a few other bits and pieces that need doing, guttering, downpipes, roof pointing, felting, flashing etc, get it all done at the same time to save on total costs.

We needed pvc cladding on front of bay window, and gutters; combining all the jobs worked out much better than when we looked at doing them separately (we were hoping to spread out the cost to avoid one big hit) and made much more sense in the end.
    In work, so can't find any details of job we got done. But will put up rough figures later if I can find them (small-ish 3 bed semi).

Thanks for replies folks. Will aim to get a few quotes over the next while as best I can time permitting.

DavyD_83 I would ideally be very happy with just replacing the existing timber rather than PVC but would entertain the idea of PVC if it increased longevity. Wouldn't be overly fussed on the look of PVC though.

Advertisement