Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

My kind of person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

This afternoon Irish Rail tweeted that there had been a collision when a train struck a herd of deer between Thurles and Limerick Junction. The train was delayed, the deer were written off.

Some very funny responses in this thread...
    https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/1087410450273308675

Lucky it didn't happen on Christmas Eve, there could have been really serious disruptions to Santa's overnight delivery service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I went very minimal on my Christmas decorations for 2018 but plenty of lights.
    So it was a garland around the fireplace and a very small real tree with a few decorations but when they are lit look beautiful.
    So since I spent so long away from my home for Christmas I decided to leave my decs up til near the end of January! :D
    My living room looks magical! :D:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that sounds lovely! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Right everyone round to Milli's for some Christmas Cheer... I'll pack the ham sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I saw a Christmas tree in a house on Sunday evening all lit up while we were on the way home from my mams. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Day Lewin wrote: »
    This afternoon Irish Rail tweeted that there had been a collision when a train struck a herd of deer between Thurles and Limerick Junction. The train was delayed, the deer were written off.

Some very funny responses in this thread...
    https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/1087410450273308675

At least the train wasn’t hitting the North Pole like this one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just had a bowl of Christmas pudding and custard, yummy!

My great aunt dropped a huge pudding down to my mam today so loads left

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I passed the Hole in the Wall pub near the phoenix Park tonight. All their Christmas windows still done up (they have a lot of windows). Ho ho hi sign still lit up over the front door and all the icicle lights lighting too. Gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some unexpected news.

A 3 part rework of a Christmas Carol could be coming to BBC this Christmas, Tom Hardy set to star in but not necessarily as Scrooge.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a25980590/christmas-carol-tom-hardy-peaky-blinders-dickens/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Had to go to my dentist yesterday - it's a converted terrace house - so all the other houses are residential homes - well the house next door still had a set of coloured fairy lights along their windowsill inside and a star hanging in the window. Cheered me right up and distracted me from thoughts of the drilling to come:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Folks I recieved a Christmas card yesterday and my parents recieved one from the same person today! I don’t know if they posted late or were lying somewhere as they just had an undated international Swedish priority sticker on envelope!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Caranica wrote: »
    I passed the Hole in the Wall pub near the phoenix Park tonight. All their Christmas windows still done up (they have a lot of windows). Ho ho hi sign still lit up over the front door and all the icicle lights lighting too. Gorgeous!

They stay up until the end of January every year - one more week :D

miamee wrote: »
    They stay up until the end of January every year - one more week :D

I don't understand why more places don't do that. You stand out more and all :)

The town I'm from used to have a festival at the end of January in the town for a week and they'd keep the Town Christmas Lights up until the festival was over. It was great being up down on a gloomy January day/night and having the town still lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

There's a cottage I pass daily that still has a Christmas Tree lighting up in the sitting room in the evening time. Its on the Whitehall Road, between Perrystown and Kimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't understand why more places don't do that. You stand out more and all :)

The town I'm from used to have a festival at the end of January in the town for a week and they'd keep the Town Christmas Lights up until the festival was over. It was great being up down on a gloomy January day/night and having the town still lit up.

A village I pass through on the way home from work does that too - and they got fab new icicle lights this year - it was lovely going home from work last Friday night seeing it all lit up again after a couple of weeks of darkness. Unfortunately they have now been consigned to storage somewhere until Nov/Dec

I had Brussels in my dinner today... they always remind me of Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out for a walk today at st. Catherine's park and when we got back to the car the one parked in front of us had those reindeer antlers still on... made me smile.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Does anyone recall that it is supposed to be bad luck if you leave Christmas decorations up, once they have all been taken down (if you see what I mean) - that last bit of forgotten tinsel, etc.

It's supposed to cause gremlins in the house - things go missing, china gets broken, people are cranky.

Well I could have sworn I took down every last Christmassy thing (not counting the tartan items which are separate) but only today there it was: one of the angels from one of the cribs, still dangling gamely from a wall. AND with a star!

Strangely, in my house it often IS one of the angels - like drunken partygoers who have forgotten how to get home - clinging on in corners.

I felt quite mean removing them off their pins and putting them firmly away until next year.
    "You stay right there!" I told them. "And no bad-luck threats - it is still just January - by a whisker!"

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is a similar porduct to these that sell all year round. Not mini rolls, I'm looking for a chocolate filling not the white filling mini rolls have.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297571151

These are amazing... why cant they do them all year round :pac:

Does anyone know if there is a similar porduct to these that sell all year round. Not mini rolls, I'm looking for a chocolate filling not the white filling mini rolls have.

Agreed, they look yummy.

It's chocolate, innit?

So, perfect for Valentine's Day, Paddy's Day, Easter, Mother's Day - any day really....

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

M&S do mini colin caterpillar cakes they have the choccy cream center.

So last night with treatmas I caught up on a few Christmas movies I didn’t get to watch over the holidays.

I watched Daddy’s Home 2, Christmas Chronicles and Gavin and Stacey Christmas special. I was just missing the tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Would this work. I haven't tried the Yule logs myself

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/bakery-traditional-wrapped-cakes-cadbury-chocolate-roll-245-grams-/p-1020198000

freida wrote: »

Yes.... yes it would!!! :O

freida wrote: »

Damn says unavailable :(

Home alone is on film4 tonight at 6.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Plum pudding for dessert yesterday and again today \o/

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

still eating supervalu mince pies...not as good as LIDL luxury but they are toothsome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement