Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 x Philips Hue Connected Bulbs White E27

Options
  • 08-09-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Howdy IOT people,

Sorry if this is not allowed, mods move or delete if you want.

I mistakenly bought 8 of these bulbs a few months ago but failed to realize they don't work quite well with my mains dimmer switch (yes, stupid i know).

Anyways, set them aside and then covid happened and forgot all about them so too late to return.

I was wondering if anyone wants to buy them off me, paid £102 for them but will let them go for €50 + PP, or can deliver free if in the north tipp / Limerick area if you want.

Would be really good for someone starting their HUE collection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

why not replace the dimmer switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

eusap wrote: »
    why not replace the dimmer switch?

I don't get the point of €10+ for a light bulb, would it not make more sense to get a remote controled light switch and use "normal" bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

I don't get the point of €10+ for a light bulb, would it not make more sense to get a remote controled light switch and use "normal" bulbs.

It more than a light bulb, you can do many "Smart" things with it for e.g. in my home i can

Schedule some to come on and off at different times
    Some linked to motion sensors
    Some that can mimic my TV being on
    I can switch them on/off from my phone from anywhere in the world
    I can have different scenes, bright lights, dimmed light, white light, yellow light all from one bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hey Davo. I’d be interested in these if they’re still available.

Advertisement