Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Greatest FIFA World Cup Goal Ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Davor Suker for Croatia against The Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kolido wrote: »
    Penalties in a shootout are not officailly goals so dont know if they count here, though thats for Mack to decide of course.

Nah they don't, they're tie breakers officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nah they don't, they're tie breakers officially.

Pity, dave oleary would be a shoe in to win it out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Josimar vs Northern Ireland 1986

Last call for this. September looms and so does the start of this competition!

• Advertisement

Nominations have now [Closed] for this tournament.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Are you putting in your own picks Omack?

I get the feeling there's a rake of good goals missing from this still

We have 48 in total. Some of my own, some via PM and one or two from elsewhere. All the greats will be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Omackeral wrote: »
    We have 48 in total. Some of my own, some via PM and one or two from elsewhere. All the greats will be there!

There's no way we could stick a few extra in there? 48 is a lot, but I feel we're bound to be missing something. There's surely some obscure gems that deserve their moment in the sun.

But, as always, Omackeral I bow to your judgement in all things tournamenty.

Arghus wrote: »
    There's no way we could stick a few extra in there? 48 is a lot, but I feel we're bound to be missing something. There's surely some obscure gems that deserve their moment in the sun.

But, as always, Omackeral I bow to your judgement in all things tournamenty.

They’d honestly be taking up space for the sake of it. All the greats are there, trust me. The format will be fun, too. It will mimic the expanded World Cup of 2026 meaning 16 groups of 3 with the top two progressing from each trio. Then straight knockouts after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Looking forward to this one

Advertisement