Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collector Coins not Irish

Options
  • 26-07-2020 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I have been collecting Irish coins for a few years have all the uncirculated set from 2007 to 2020 and about 6 or 7 one off coins.

I am thinking about putting a few non Irish sets in my collection. I am becoming a father for first time this year so may be nice to get something different to put away for them. I was thinking the Vatican coin set. Romacoins.com is the site that keeps coming up for these.
    Is there a list anywhere of the offical sites for other EU countries coins.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You're probably better off just going through dealers, you'll pay more but you can buy everything you want in one go and save on postage. Realistically you'll have little hope being able to buy anything scarce and low mintage direct from the official mints of San Marino and The Vatican etc. It's hard enough to buy low mintage coins from our own mint! Anything worthwhile buying sells out in minutes if you're even lucky enough to be able to load the webpages. Many have special lists you need to be on for years in order to secure coins.

Advertisement