Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Project

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Hello everyone, I have to make a physical model of anything from history for school. Any ideas?

A castle? or perhaps a thatched cottage with three front windows and a door, but no back windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm sure you should be working this out for yourself but your post sounds desperate so how about a Celtic round house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

A food recipe?
    Find out what would be a typical meal/type of bread and re-create that from materials at hand.
    Doing a google search brought up this site for schools on Roman Meals:
    http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/romans/food.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,109 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

A crannog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I'm sure you should be working this out for yourself but your post sounds desperate so how about a Celtic round house.
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    A crannog.

That's what I actually meant to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

The first thing you should be thinking about is what period of history you're interested in, research and go from there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Judging from the username I'm guessing he would be interested in the Chernobyl disaster and Pripyat, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate for a physical model.. maybe the Pripyat ferris wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A 1:50 scale model of Stonehenge would be nice, the liberal use of pipecleaners and baloons as well as a healthy dose of imagination is to be encouraged....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Jesus' Cross, nice n simple!!:cool:

Advertisement