Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo printing sites

Options
  • 12-02-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a number of suggestions for photo printing websites? I've tried a few over the years and can't remember who I've used before. I'd used photobox more recently but just have had too many issues with trying to get correct photos printed with them and I'm just giving up using their site. It's driving me bananas at this stage, and I'm livid today from having had to explain for the N-th time that what I got is not what I ordered.

Anyway, irritated rant over. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

What are the issues you are having with your photos?

When you say "what I got is not what I ordered" do you mean you got prints that you didn't order?

Or were they printed incorrectly or what?

Sorry for all the questions but I own a lab, both online and instore and while Photobox is one of my competitors , I know that their quality is very good, their online and phone app are very user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Yes the print quality is really good. There was an issue with a shipping address which I was not able to amend, so had to get in touch with them. They took it upon themselves to reorder what I attempted to order on my behalf, but evidently the ordering system doesn't take into account photo edits or multple prints done in the previous order, from which the reorder was done. So I ended up up with only a partial order and the finish which I ordered originally was also changed. I was still charged the full amount of my original order.

I contacted them about the issues with their reorder on my behalf. The worst thing about it all though is that even though they asked for evidence of the issues and I spent an hour gathering the info and writing the email, I don't think anyone bother their ar$e reading it as I got a reply that they will reorder them again for me with the right finish. No mention of the missing photos that I paid for. ...days later, and several emails back and forth, which amounts to hours of composing, I get an email today "Can you please give details regarding the issues you have encountered with your previous order?" which tbh, after hours of comms with them is like a slap in the face. Honestly, I could strangle someone at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Gatica wrote: »
    I contacted them about the issues with their reorder on my behalf. The worst thing about it all though is that even though they asked for evidence of the issues and I spent an hour gathering the info and writing the email, I don't think anyone bother their ar$e reading it as I got a reply that they will reorder them again for me with the right finish. No mention of the missing photos that I paid for. ...days later, and several emails back and forth, which amounts to hours of composing, I get an email today "Can you please give details regarding the issues you have encountered with your previous order?" which tbh, after hours of comms with them is like a slap in the face. Honestly, I could strangle someone at this stage...

Sounds like a rare screwup on their part. Not into shilling companies, but Photobox, at least for me, have been consistently high quality, very responsive to queries, and on the one occasion they did screw something up, very quick to resolve it. I've recommended them to people looking for online print services for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

Well if you are interested in giving my lab a try then send me a PM.

Sounds like a rare screwup on their part. Not into shilling companies, but Photobox, at least for me, have been consistently high quality, very responsive to queries, and on the one occasion they did screw something up, very quick to resolve it. I've recommended them to people looking for online print services for years.
    Yes, the photos are good quality. It's not much good though if you don't get the right photos.
    I think 50% of my orders with them were incorrect. They have always been good to fix the problem. This time they just keep sending me emails about reprinting the partial order that they keep wanting to send me. I really don't understand why they cannot read my email properly and see that it's not what I ordered as I keep telling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

If it's anything like what you post here I'm not surprised.

"I think 50% of my orders with them were incorrect."

An odd about of precision for something you are not sure of :)[/quote]
    I'm assuming there's a typo in your message... but if you're bothered by me using a percentage when I say "about" or "I think"... then I can rephrase with roughly half my orders with them were not correct when I first received them. That roughly half, was corrected.
    This time, an order of around 200 photos, the prints I received were wrong.

In other news, I managed to get someone on the phone and they were able to correct the issues right away. Much easier than emailing and getting lost in translation...

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Does anyone have a number of suggestions for photo printing websites? I've tried a few over the years and can't remember who I've used before. I'd used photobox more recently but just have had too many issues with trying to get correct photos printed with them and I'm just giving up using their site. It's driving me bananas at this stage, and I'm livid today from having had to explain for the N-th time that what I got is not what I ordered.

Anyway, irritated rant over. Any suggestions please?

I 100% know what you are talking about as I went through it all. They are a disaster to get the order right. I spent about 5 hours cropping only to see that nothing I had cropped was saved. I then re did and again they made mistakes. Photo quality was good but as you said no good when photos arrive without heads even after me spending hours cropping them. So frustrating!! What is their issue? And did you find anywhere better?

Advertisement