Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaking of bombs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Built in 2004 and has cracks in the deck? Must have been bought in Lidl. They're bringing it back for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

There she blows

876238bb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus, must have been a lot of rain in Belfast and Newry!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

irish1967 wrote: »
    There she blows

876238bb.jpg
    What app or program is that? Looks interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I have a paid for MarineTraffic App and earlier today this ship was not showing up on it. So seeing the above post I downloaded the free SF Free Ship Tracker.

Funny thing is now, MarineTraffic is showing the ship but the free version is not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ for us skinflints :D

I see the Granuaile is tucked up in Belfast Lough too, I wonder if she is on pollution control standby?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Best one is Shipais, the tanker is nearing Larne now and if it must go off it would be karmic were it to obliterate Larne.

http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=310409000

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Best one is Shipais, the tanker is nearing Larne now and if it must go off it would be karmic were it to obliterate Larne.

http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=310409000

I can confirm Larne is still standing as staying overnight at parents house:D

App is called Ship Tracking.
    cf1c5f1b.jpg

Rather apt she is sitting at anchor near BANGor :)

c139c230.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Confab wrote: »
    Built in 2004 and has cracks in the deck? Must have been bought in Lidl. They're bringing it back for a refund.

Have you ever crossed the Atlantic in bad weather:rolleyes:
    Its pretty obvoius that the vessel has gone to an emergency port for repairs because of damages done in bad weather.
    It happens once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

gbee wrote: »
    I have a paid for MarineTraffic App and earlier today this ship was not showing up on it. So seeing the above post I downloaded the free SF Free Ship Tracker.

Funny thing is now, MarineTraffic is showing the ship but the free version is not.

Marine traffic app for the iphone is the best you can get. If the ships AIS system is turned off the ships location disapears and come back when turned on again.
    With the other AIS system especialy the free ones the data can be old, iv seen some nearly a month out:eek:.

On a different note, people who like the topic of ships/AIS/marine/fishing and all things to with the sea please go to the forum request and +1 the commerical fishing and aquaculture forum request!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

gbee wrote: »

Ah I see, I already have the Marine Traffic one and noticed this looked different, must try out the Free Ship tracker. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Its been a while but the Genmar Companion docked today in Belfast at 10.52am.

That was a long, long time

Advertisement