Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE1 HD Sky EpG

Options
  • 15-09-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

All RTE1 HD series links have disappeared for me in recent days and some Programme names replaced with This is RTE One HD. Anyone have same or know of cause please? Sky + box . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

dos1965 wrote: »
    All RTE1 HD series links have disappeared for me in recent days and some Programme names replaced with This is RTE One HD. Anyone have same or know of cause please? Sky + box . Thanks

Yea...I have same issue and its a pain as apart from not knowing precisely when a programme is on I cannot set to record at the time indicted in the paper etc. It has been going on for more than a week and it is only on Rte 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, it's gone a bit nuts, missed the last couple of 6.1 News on me for example, and it's not retrieving the link for any future recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

. . . It has been going on for more than a week and it is only on RTE 1

This has been going on for over a month and is on BOTH RTÉ ONE AND RTÉ 2

It's very annoying having to manually input every recording each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

This has been going on for over a month and is on BOTH RTÉ ONE AND RTÉ 2

It's very annoying having to manually input every recording each week.

For awhile the SD version of RTE (801) was working fine but its spilled over onto that now too.

I'm guessing it's an RTE issue rather than Sky - no other channels are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 martinbrendan@e

The same issue is happening with the Sky Q 2TB box. So annoying. Has anybody contacted Sky directly and have they any solution ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's not only Sky, issue is also on Saorview EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

Saorview ok for me as of now but dont record or watch a lot of RTE but friends have sky and its driving them nuts. I wonder are RTE aware??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

RTÉ ONE's EPG listings yesterday were incorrect on Sky but correct on Saorview so it's an issue with Sky but I'm assuming is to do with RTÉ themselves.

Also still annoying that RTÉ ONE HD isn't available on Sky in the north, according to Sky it's down to RTÉ and licensing issues. But how can they provide RTÉ 2 HD (which surely carries the sport and more licensing heavy programming) and not have licensing in place for RTÉ ONE? It's been years since it launched, so have they not been able to sort out licensing issues in all that time? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PFMC84 wrote: »
    according to Sky it's down to RTÉ and licensing issues.

I'd say it's more about Sky refusing to pay. Licensing makes no sense when the SD version is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

PFMC84 wrote: »
    RTÉ ONE's EPG listings yesterday were incorrect on Sky but correct on Saorview so it's an issue with Sky but I'm assuming is to do with RTÉ themselves.

It's a Saorview issue again today as well as Sky.

RTE website shows 21.30 as The South Westerlies.

On Sky and Saorview it's showing 21.30 as RTE Investigates.

This applies to both RTE1 HD and RTE1 +1.

Other time slots just showing as This is RTE 1 HD.

Ridiculous that this problem has still not been addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

this is what I see

rte-epg.png

Maybe it has been changed and my EPG has not updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

thats not a sky box epg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Sent mail to RTE on this earlier today, it's been happening on a regular basis now for a good while, I've lost track of the number of problems it's caused. Not a box issue, I've checked more than one box, and they're all coming up with the same garbage.

As well as wrong information causing planner and related issues, there are way too many occasions where series links are not being captured, and it's RTE that it's most common on.

Really should not be an issue to get this right, but clearly there is some sort of communication issue between RTE and Sky, which should not be happening, but that's nothing new.

Probably find that they will try and blame it on staff shortages due to Covid, but I for one am not buying that sort of excuse.

I suspect getting a meaningful answer out of RTE will take a while, and other than phoning, there's no way to contact Sky at the moment.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hojphotography

Same problem here with the Sky+, so glad to have found this discussion here as there's nothing on the Sky website Community forum, which I know is mainly for the UK, but it musn't be happening with any other channels only RTE. Can't do Series link on some programmes or even record some now.

It seems to be fixed as of 9am this morning. Even next Sunday's schedule seems OK but I am having to reset RTE series links.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Friday from 8pm is showing all slots up to 2am as This is RTE 1 HD

It seems Sky are aware of this problem and have contacted RTE.

Link: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2389485/sky-satellite-monthly-news-thread-september-2020

Scroll down to bottom Page 1 for the start of the discussion and there is mention that the TG4 schedule also has the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

RTE EPG has regular errors on Saorview EPG, Sky EPG and on Saorview website.

Latest example....

Wall Street 11:25pm to 1:40am 9th/10th Oct

Sky & Saorview EPG had it ending at 1:10am

It was correct on RTEs website and on Radio Times website but it was incorrect on the Saorview website.

So now you need to check at least 3 locations to be sure you get accurate start and finishing times for overnight recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    RTE EPG has regular errors on Saorview EPG, Sky EPG and on Saorview website.
    . . .
    So now you need to check at least 3 locations to be sure you get accurate start and finishing times for overnight recordings.

Last week's NCIS : New Orleans on RTÉ2 (Monday morning around 00:30) cut off the end of the recording because it started 10 mins after the EPG listing.

- - That's after it listing "This is RTÉ2HD" until Sunday morning - -

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

This problem seems to be coming up again for me.

All next weeks guide is filled with "This is RTE1HD"

Advertisement