Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 Transfer thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Where willl jota fit for pool. Off the bench for Mane/Salah?

Couldn't care less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Villa have signed forward Bertrand Traore from Lyons for £17m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Where is the Brewster deal at the minute?

Very much on or off?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Where is the Brewster deal at the minute?

Very much on or off?

I'd say wait until after the league cup game on Thursday and there would be more clarity IMO. It sounds like SHU on loan to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

FHFC wrote: »
    Couldn't care less :D

Cool.

Mane could be subbed earlier in matches as Jota looks to be a left winger. Something to consider for people on or considering Mane.

• Advertisement

Mane could be subbed earlier in matches as Jota looks to be a left winger. Something to consider for people on or considering Mane.

I wouldn't think Jota would be a viable contender for starting games for at least a month anyways, maybe even closer to November / December time when the CL Is in full flow and the fixtures are really congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

gammygils wrote: »
    Villa have signed forward Bertrand Traore from Lyons for £17m

Villa are brewing nicely

This will probably impact the proposed Brewster loan deal. Maybe SHU want both, I'm not sure.

https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/1307648072445571072?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fitz* wrote: »
    This will probably impact the proposed Brewster loan deal. Maybe SHU want both, I'm not sure.

https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/1307648072445571072?s=19

Not even in the game.

Doubt he'll be a 4.5 would he? 5 maybe?

Not even in the game.

Doubt he'll be a 4.5 would he? 5 maybe?

I'd guess 4.5 very young striker and would probably still only be back up for the start of the season. He hasn't played men's football yet. If Brewster is 4.5 and Greenwood was 4.5 last season too, that could be a barometer to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd guess 4.5 very young striker and would probably still only be back up for the start of the season. He hasn't played men's football yet. If Brewster is 4.5 and Greenwood was 4.5 last season too, that could be a barometer to go by.

They're both embedded in big teams though. With the slightly better chance of playing I'd say they'll push him to 5. Just to not make it so easy to use him as a bench player.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wolves close to signing Nelson Semedo from Barca for that rwb position.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wolves close to signing Nelson Semedo from Barca for that rwb position.

Not ideal given I was looking at Podence. Might mean he and Neto will be fighting it out for game time on the left.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not ideal given I was looking at Podence. Might mean he and Neto will be fighting it out for game time on the left.

Would have thought Podence and NEto were fighting it out with the new striker for one of the two spots behind Jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Would have thought Podence and NEto were fighting it out with the new striker for one of the two spots behind Jimenez

Hard to know what he'll do. If he moves Semedo to the old Doherty RWB position then I'm assuming Traore will be competing for a forward spot. Even if Traore isn't a starter he'll eat into the minutes of whoever is starting. Jimenez looks the safest attacking option to me.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pesky Bayern Munich looking to pounce on the Lamptey hype.

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1310933728630386688
    New candidate for #FCBayern revealed: According to my information the club is interested in right-back Tariq Lamptey (19) and have already asked for him. @OfficialBHAFC expects up to €25m. FCB should be willing to pay around €15m. #BHAFC @SPORT1 @Transfermarkt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pesky Bayern Munich looking to pounce on the Lamptey hype.

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1310933728630386688

Something like this would be a serious pain for owners - losing a player out of the blue - and then have a transfer waiting to happen.

Won’t happen. His value won’t drop. Far too early to sell him. A good season and he could be worth 50 million as that’s what Man City & United have set the price at for fullbacks.

Kyle Walker will be 31 when the season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Even if Bayern bought him, they’d probably loan him back. I love Lamptey but Kimmich probably won’t be losing any sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »
    Even if Bayern bought him, they’d probably loan him back. I love Lamptey but Kimmich probably won’t be losing any sleep.

Kimmich is playing midfield now Thiago is gone. Pavard is RB, who is really more of a CB.

Benimar wrote: »
    Kimmich is playing midfield now Thiago is gone. Pavard is RB, who is really more of a CB.

Pavard was RB for France in the World Cup though right?

Barkley moves to Villa and available at 5.9

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1311236346745323521

Please don't anyone suggest that we buy him, we know how this ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Barkley looking like a must have

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Please don't anyone suggest that we buy him, we know how this ends.

He has 2/3 great games - double digit hauls and then inexplicably he's dropped and we don't see him again for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Time to fire up the Barkley Bus......who’s with me? ;)

Barkley was in my GW1 team last season! :o

Reckon Barkley will have to work his way into the Villa team. We’re 2/2 without conceding a goal. Can’t see Smith changing anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Barkley was in my GW1 team last season! :o

Same here! He did have a good preseason in fairness

Advertisement