Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wtd : Sram red 10 rear derailleur (broken)

• 17-09-2020 2:25pm
    Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have one particularly cheap at all? I only need the limit screws to be honest. One of mine sheared off in a spill

Can get screws via eBay possibly otherwise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

Weepsie wrote: »
    Anyone have one particularly cheap at all? I only need the limit screws to be honest. One of mine sheared off in a spill

Can get screws via eBay possibly otherwise

I’ll check over the weekend, think I might have what you need.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

BGT wrote: »
    I’ll check over the weekend, think I might have what you need.

Fingers crossed cheers

Fingers crossed cheers

Just remembered it’s only a Rival not Red. Think it will do it?

BGT wrote: »
    Just remembered it’s only a Rival not Red. Think it will do it?

Possibly. I'm firstly looking for a broken one to just get the screw. SRAM have different screws across their range possibly, but if it works I'd be interested if the price is right

Possibly. I'm firstly looking for a broken one to just get the screw. SRAM have different screws across their range possibly, but if it works I'd be interested if the price is right
    Is it the L and H screws you need? Which one or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Are they different size to Shimano screws? I've a couple of broken Shimano mechs in the shed that might do the job

They've a different part number on various limit screws for various different derailleurs and there seems to be some compatibility issues. Ive no spare ones anymore to check and I'm soon to retire the back until March so can finally look at replacing the screw if I can get the sheared one out.

BGT, it's he H screw. It's actually been okay for adjustment wise, the L needs some adjusting, but you never now.

I don't know how I'll get it out anyway but going to try or invest in a medium cage one if I find one

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Did you get sorted?

Did you get sorted?

Post arrived today (or yesterday) and I wasn't told. Screws have arrived so going to see if it works next week.

If not I'll be on the look out still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Aquasteve

Hi don't hold me to this but I don't think the limit screws actually tread into the body of the derailleur. They are threaded via little plastic clips, if you can get a file to them to break off then you can just tap out the screw, i might have a spare clip. i'll take a look for it. Better still if you have needle pliers just grip the screw from the inside of the mech and thread it back out enough to grip it from the front then bobs your uncle. Also the only difference with the limit screws apex - red is maybe the material steel/alloy length is the same.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Anchor-Limit-Derailleur-11-7515-017-000/dp/B003TR0L32

Advertisement