Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What To Do In Warsaw

• 04-03-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

I am travelling to Warsaw, Poland on Monday 9th March for work and find myself with a full free day... any suggestions on what is best to see in a day?

I'd like to get a feel for the city and maybe do a bit of antique hunting when there..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Warsaw isn't the prettiest city, what with it being flattened after WWII, but there is definitely plenty to keep you occupied for a couple of days. I would definitely suggest checking out the old town, which is the nicest part of the city. It was rebuilt after WWII and is really nice and picturesque and slower paced compared to the more industrial skyscraper laden parts of the city, with a large percentage of it being pedestrianised and there are plenty of restaurants to check out around here too.

A trip to the top of the Palace of Culture and Science (tallest building in the city and Poland) is worth doing to get a 360' view of the city.

Depending on your interests, there are several museums worth checking out. My favourite one was the Warsaw Rising museum which details WWII and the Nazis complete destruction and take over of the city and country and it's subsequent liberation. You could easily spend several hours here. A definite must if you're interested in WWII.

The Polish Army museum is another good one. In the grounds of the museum there are loads of decommissioned army vehicles like planes and tanks which you can explore. Very cool if you're into that sort of thing.

For something a little more fun and less serious, there's the Copernicus Science Centre. This place really brought out the kid in me, nearly everything is interactive and just very interesting if you're into science and how things work etc. (it sounds like it might be a bit more aimed at children but it's not really).

Also, Łazienki Park is quite nice for a stroll, it's the largest park in the city.

Hopefully there might be one or two things there of interest. I can't advise on antique hunting unfortunately.

Advertisement