Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooth Can't be Pulled as Records Indicate Only Supposed to have 3 Teeth

Options
  • 05-03-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

I was laughing at this initially, but now it's gone beyond the joke. My sister is 27 and is in need of getting a tooth pulled. She is not working and has a medical card.

They said they would pull the tooth if they could, but according to their records she is only supposed to have 3 teeth. So it can't be done.

It's going on over two weeks now, and we just can't get it sorted. What are the avenues of recourse here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Tails142

Pull the other one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Tails142 wrote: »
    Pull the other one...

I don't get you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What do you mean she is only supposed to have 3 teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Dentist practice said they can't document and claim that they pulled her tooth, because the records indicate she is not supposed to have that tooth in the first place.

She is down on the system as only having 3 teeth.

So she has to sort it with HSE first before the tooth can be pulled. Hope that makes sense... it's like an audit thing... if someone was reviewing his files he could be accused of a false claim for removing a tooth as patient is only documented as having 3 teeth prior to procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Get the current dentist to remove the tooth and send his/her X-rays with the claim. If a previous dentist has claimed incorrectly in error then they can pursue that dentist for a refund...
    Most likely a 7 was removed before and charted as a 6 and now the real 6 needs to be removed or something like that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

When I went to the dentist a few weeks ago he noticed that my records said I had no back teeth. He sent me for an X-ray and said he'd update the records, I don't see why this is a huge problem? Get your sister to book a dental x ray.

Advertisement