Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sit on or canadian

Options
  • 22-02-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

A quick question, I normally use a sit on kayak for leisure use on inland lakes. i want to do some river stuff this year, shannon and shannon lakes, Ive never tried a canadian canoe.

I will be carrying not more than 10kg in weight.

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of the two types? and anything on safety issues between the two. I won't be jumping weirs or taking on any risky stuff either way.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

You probably wont get your ass wet with the canadian!.I have both. we use the sit on for messing at the beach or for allowing a kid to be independent along a shore. You can do great long trips with friends or families. If you take care , maybe get some instruction you can deal with different water environments.cross 20 yards of calm water brew tea and return and you've been on an expedition !The canadian is like a transit van. lots of room , maneuverable , stable , fairly safe . As your skill and confidence increase you can do more. you can take it out alone . its good in winter. if you want to do a 4 day camp trip you can.
    I love them and still hate the person who stole mine.
    check out www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/
    also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7CqhbzPUs this is a beautiful old movie !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭baldric

thanks for that insightful reply, will try canadian, cheers

Advertisement