Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slot Car People here,,,,Anyone??

Options
  • 05-03-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys, I used to be an R/C guy. then left the hobby for a few years and now I got into slotcars for some reason..got a few lengths of scalextric track, a few cars and started building models again. I was wondering is there any kind of scene here in Ireland? seems to be pretty active in the UK, or the continent in general, but I couldn't find anything on the web here...Even just a club or group of a few guys having hometracks and meeting up for the occasional race and nerdy chit chat..Likewise if anyone is interested in getting something like this organised drop me a few lines..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I have neither track or car myself. Curious though about the innards of a car though. If there was space behind these plastic "windows" and they could be removed. Ofcourse I would'nt be prepared to open up either of my model railway locomotives either.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jackie3horn

honestly not much to see in there. literally two cables a motor and pinion, a crownwheel attached to the axle , four wheels and off you go...of course in the world of racing people take it into ridicoulus detail. but i am not that deep into the precision aspect of it at all, just having a few decent enough cars that haul ass, and racing those is good enough fun,,as long as everyone has remotely the same level skill/car it doesnt matter how superquick it goes in order to have a fun race..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Its something Id love to get into. Ive seen some great rally tracks set up with rally slot cars racing and it looks like great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

I've just begun to rejuvenate my Matchbox race & chase sets. Have about 3 sets & 15 various cars...Hoping to get them all working again & started looking to collect bits to complete the set...some brand new unopened cars have popped up on ebay lately....but can go for silly money though...

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Small update - Now there is a new forum dedicated to the matchbox powertrack sets
    www.mbpowertrack.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Jackie3horn

Must check it out, never heard of a matchbox track, what scale are the cars and does yr track host other models as well or have they tried to keep it exclusive. How are you getting on with resurrecting all your stuff. I am not doing much with it right now, but its still set up, last thing i did was giving he track a good clean as the further you go away from the power supply the slower the cars go, maybe time for a stronger power supply, with all the time i spent i would like to think i have ruled out connection issues...

HO scale, only were made from 77 - 82 but they sold a bucketload. Not sure on track compatibility. I've picked up about 50 cars now & over 10 tracks so I've plenty of parts. I've to sort my garage next to prep a display fo a show next year. Aiming to have a four lane display fully setup for next March.

If any fans are on facebook there is now a group dedicated to these - 'Matchbox Powertrack' - Plenty of pics too.

Advertisement