Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Red Line - Intimidating Journey!

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

MOD WARNING: Luas Red Line security issues mega thread (read mod warming in post #1)

This will be a mega thread for Luas red line security issues. Other threads will be soon locked.

Constructive posts only -- please read the charter before posting.

Claiming a tram line which is used by thousands of people a day should be close down will no longer be entertained and will be viewed as non-constructive, distributive posting which will be sanctioned. Making such a claim does nothing to address the on-going issues.

ORIGINAL OPENING POST:

I am a daily commuter on the red line Luas, from the Point right to Saggart..... a long journey.

What experiences have people had on this line?

Since Christmas, I have witnessed:

(1) Open drug use
    (2) Junkies stoned out of their mind
    (3) Junkies begging for money from everyone on the tram
    (4) Gangs of youths drinking
    (5) A girl getting threatened that she was going to get robbed by some teenagers
    (6) Gangs of Eastern European's playing loud music / then starting fights when they get asked to leave
    (7) I was physically threatened this morning as I did not give the large polish ape enough room on his seat (I was squished in against the window)

These issues get worse as you pass Belgard.... the "Security Staff" are a total joke and turn a blind eye to all but the most serious issues!

I do feel genuinely uneasy making this daily journey.... but have little option.

What have others experienced?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement