Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-Working Expense Submitting

Options
  • 15-10-2020 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hope it is ok to ask, reading this document: https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-05/05-02-13.pdf

See below for instructions but when I click into myAccount I cannot see how I submit. Does anyone know where/how I submit? thanks

To submit it says:
    sign into myAccount;click on ‘Review your tax’ link in PAYE Services;select the Income Tax return for the relevant tax year;select ‘Other PAYE Expenses’ in the ‘Tax Credits and Reliefs’ page and insert the amount of expense at the ‘Amount Claimed’ section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

For 2020 you can't submit until Jan 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

For 2020 you can't submit until Jan 21

I have worked from home since 2006, just never aware of this tax benefit, I was trying to submit for previous years

Kowerski wrote: »
    I have worked from home since 2006, just never aware of this tax benefit, I was trying to submit for previous years

Review Your Tax 2016-2019
    Select Year and then "Amend"
    Hit "Start"
    When you get to the Tax Credits & Reliefs (No 4) select "Your Job" then "Other"
    Submit your expenses

You need to do this for each tax year

Review Your Tax 2016-2019
    Select Year and then "Amend"
    Hit "Start"
    When you get to the Tax Credits & Reliefs (No 4) select "Your Job" then "Other"
    Submit your expenses

You need to do this for each tax year

Thanks, now I see it :-)

Seems to be only available for 2019, not for previous years.....

• Advertisement

Kowerski wrote: »
    Seems to be only available for 2019, not for previous years.....

Maybe send a request via My Enquiries and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

When does Revenue allow me to complete Income Tax return for 2020? I want to submit electricity/internet bills. Revenue say year end:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/eworking/index.aspx

But 'Manage my tax' 2020 is not on my portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

FionnK86 wrote: »
    When does Revenue allow me to complete Income Tax return for 2020? I want to submit electricity/internet bills. Revenue say year end:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/eworking/index.aspx

But 'Manage my tax' 2020 is not on my portal?

Its Review your tax not manage. Currently it's showing 2016 to 2019 as 2020 is still a live tax year. It will change to 2017 to 2020 in January when the 2020 tax year is finished. So in January go to the 2020 tax year and follow the instructions.

Its Review your tax not manage. Currently it's showing 2016 to 2019 as 2020 is still a live tax year. It will change to 2017 to 2020 in January when the 2020 tax year is finished. So in January go to the 2020 tax year and follow the instructions.

Thank you.

Hungover and bored this morning so tried to input, probably jumping the gun as it's giving me an error message

" Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.
    Please come back later and try again.Error ID: FORM1240901426546808000XX"

Presume it'll come good next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anyone else have a go for last year yet?

Few issues,

I house share with 4 people, by I was only one WFH. All utilities are in my name, so for heating/elec, is tax reclaim on 10% of my 1/4 of the bills?

Also any one know how to split cost of Broadband if its all in + Tv bundle and bill doesnt give the split.

lbj666 wrote: »

Few issues,

I house share with 4 people, by I was only one WFH. All utilities are in my name, so for heating/elec, is tax reclaim on 10% of my 1/4 of the bills?

Also any one know how to split cost of Broadband if its all in + Tv bundle and bill doesnt give the split.

You split as they ask the bill and then how much of bills you paid, if another person claims in next 6 years you could get in trouble if you claimed for them.

Maybe ring provider and ask for the split?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

lbj666 wrote: »

Few issues,

10% of your quarter Share for light and heat. 30% of your broadband cost for your quarter Share. Have a look at your bill, the broadband should be split or ask your provider

Just FYI manage 2020 tax is working now, lads must be back to work. Claimed 40 this morning for WFH last year.

Advertisement