Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting dog fouling?

Options
  • 14-10-2020 9:41am

Anyone know where to report the above. We've lived in a lovely estate in the city for 10 years now. Never any trouble but 10 years this dog has shat all over the street. In my garden, he likes it beside my car door too. I've reported it to the city council once and nothing has been done.
    The owners in question open the door when the dog needs a shat and off he goes where my kids play etc...
    No point talking to the humans in question,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anyone know where to report the above. We've lived in a lovely estate in the city for 10 years now. Never any trouble but 10 years this dog has shat all over the street. In my garden, he likes it beside my car door too. I've reported it to the city council once and nothing has been done.
    The owners in question open the door when the dog needs a shat and off he goes where my kids play etc...
    No point talking to the humans in question,

Try the dog warden. https://www.galwaycity.ie/dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway city - > Animal issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

The dog owner was probably walking in front of the dog and didn't see what they did....I see it all the time in my local park. If they don't see the dog doing it, they don't have to clean up seems to be the motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can report on the fixmystreet app / webpage.

The dog owner was probably walking in front of the dog and didn't see what they did....I see it all the time in my local park. If they don't see the dog doing it, they don't have to clean up seems to be the motto.

For 10 years same dog.
    They let him out to do his business as I said. And close the door

• Advertisement

I would bag some of it up and drop it over to them. Either leave on the doorstep or hand it to them lol

tk123 wrote: »
    I would bag some of it up and drop it over to them. Either leave on the doorstep or hand it to them lol

Often thought the same over the years
    And I would without hesitation only my husband is the quiet type lol
    He suggested chocolates for the neighbours a few xmases ago.. I said yeah right and I'll fill it up with their dog sh1te

He suggested chocolates for the neighbours a few xmases ago.. I said yeah right and I'll fill it up with their dog sh1te

I had the same problem here but with cat poo - my dog was very sick at the time and was digging and finding it, my mum would be gardening and come across it. I also wanted to bag and drop to the neighbour but my mam didn't want to cause any trouble. I got a couple of these from amazon and haven't had a cat in the garden since - I even had a quite satisfying video of the offender fleeing from the garden the first night lol. There's different settings on it - for the cat setting one of my dogs barked at it and the other put their head to one side and they acknowledged it as they passed the first few times and that was it. Possibly if you tweaked the settings it'd deter a dog too.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

fill a bag and post it to them put it into a sandwich bag in a jiffy bag actually post it with a stamp you at least can enjoy the thoughts of them opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

For 10 years same dog.
    They let him out to do his business as I said. And close the door

surprised he wasn't stolen this year like all the other dogs !

• Advertisement

surprised he wasn't stolen this year like all the other dogs !

You couldn't give this fella away for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

tk123 wrote: »

100% this.. I did this years ago .. asked the owners nicely the first time .. second time left it in a bag on their door step.. 3rd time left it no bag on the door step... never happened again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Push a bit of it in through their key hole. Or maul their door with it. See how quick the problem ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cocker5 wrote: »
    100% this.. I did this years ago .. asked the owners nicely the first time .. second time left it in a bag on their door step.. 3rd time left it no bag on the door step... never happened again!

Perfect. Appropriate without being as offensive as they are being;) Returning their property,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Push a bit of it in through their key hole. Or maul their door with it. See how quick the problem ends.

Ah come on... please don't use this forum to impart such disgusting suggestions nor to suggest damage to another's property in the name of revenge.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks.
    DBB

Advertisement