Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a Hotel for January

Options
  • 08-10-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

I was considering booking a 2 night stay in a luxurious hotel for January as a Christmas gift for my elderly parents. The hotel will be in Dublin and they live in Dublin. Do you think it would be a bad idea with the constant yo yos of restriction levels and would it be enjoyable i.e would they have to wear a face mask within the establishment all the time etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

So long as you book something with a fully refundable rate, it sounds like a lovely gift idea.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

1. Make sure it's fully refundable.

2. Are you sure they'd be comfortable staying in a hotel atm?

3. Contact the hotel to find out what their restrictions are. Ask about wearing masks in public area, time slots for breakfast, bookings for the pool if they have one, room service etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭billyhead

Level 4 on the gov restrictions roadmap says hotels are only open to residents only. Does this include customers who are booked to stay in a hotel or those already resident when the level is put into action?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Would you consider giving them a gift voucher to use whenever they would be comfortable?

Sorry it's says Level 4 is for existing guests. Does that mean people booked to stay during level 4 can't.

• Advertisement

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Would you consider giving them a gift voucher to use whenever they would be comfortable?

I know they wouldn't avail of a voucher so if I booked 2 nights they would have to commit. It's usually what I do i.e book them in for a 2 night stay and once they go they enjoy it. If I gave them a voucher they would keep putting it off the use of it.

Advertisement