Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buying a car and insurance

Options
  • 05-10-2020 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hello guys I don't know if i'm in the right group. but can someone shed some light.
    I just passed my theory and still have my learner permit appointment this week.
    i'm planning to buy an audi a5 2013, or 2014. i'm 29 yrs old and i'm an asian.
    Will it be difficult to insure the car? And can you recommend me a good insurance‚ thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, start by looking at the List of Insurers in this forum
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

hello guys I don't know if i'm in the right group. but can someone shed some light.
    I just passed my theory and still have my learner permit appointment this week.
    i'm planning to buy an audi a5 2013, or 2014. i'm 29 yrs old and i'm an asian.
    Will it be difficult yo insure the car? and can you recommend me a good insurance‚ thanks in advance.

If you have the budget you will get insurance but it's going to be very big amount.

The insurance companies prefer much smaller cars the likes of 1.2 or less.

Look at likes of Aygo or Yaris or similar in Citroen, Peugeot or Hyundai for example, get a year no claims and then look into the bigger car.

Pick a car on done deal, input reg online or ring for quotes, many won't.

Liberty, AXA would be a few and try a few brokers too.

Advertisement