Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New drive - Tesla Model 3 Performance insurance

Options
  • 03-10-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am new in Dublin and looking to buy Model 3 performance. Insurance companies won't accept my 15+ yrs driving experience outside Ireland and treating me like a new driver. So eventually I have to get an insurance by Declined Cases Agreement (DCA). If so, may I know how to calculate the full premium for a new car? And which insurance company should I consult first (the first one will be forced to offer me a quote under DCA)?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

JohnnyPoon wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am new in Dublin and looking to buy Model 3 performance. Insurance companies won't accept my 15+ yrs driving experience outside Ireland and treating me like a new driver. So eventually I have to get an insurance by Declined Cases Agreement (DCA). If so, may I know how to calculate the full premium for a new car? And which insurance company should I consult first (the first one will be forced to offer me a quote under DCA)?

Thanks,
    Johnny
    if you lived in america you can get a print out of you dmv record to show them which they should accept

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnnyPoon

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    if you lived in america you can get a print out of you dmv record to show them which they should accept

Unfortunately, I lived in Hong Kong. I called AXA, they said they don't accept that form HK. Online chat from Liberty also told me the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There's no template to calculate premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Unfortunately you'll be starting from zero I'm afraid.

The DCA process will at best end up with one of the Decliners covering you, but at an eye-watering sum - and even at that I doubt it'll be for a Tesla.

That's Ireland does insurance I'm afraid: always has.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Did you try XS Direct or maybe Quote Devil.

Insurance websites are fairly basic so you won't get instant quotes online but it doesn't mean they won't insure you. Email or ring them with the reference number you get after putting your details on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnnyPoon

I got an email reply from EVinsurance, that they are unable to give me a quote but able to refer me to another insurance company, Arch Underwriting, with the resulting premium of €2500. Why can't I find any information about the company "Arch Underwriting"?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

I got an email reply from EVinsurance, that they are unable to give me a quote but able to refer me to another insurance company, Arch Underwriting, with the resulting premium of €2500. Why can't I find any information about the company "Arch Underwriting"?

https://www.archcapgroup.com/Contact-Us/Global-Office-Finder

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/insuremytesla - if Tesla are happy with selling you the car then they should try to cross-sell you the insurance for same.
    Happy motoring

Advertisement