Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a beanbag cover made

Options
  • 15-10-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a large beanbag but the cover is damaged in places. Does anyone know where I might find someone that could make me a new one. Dublin area preferably. I would rather support a local small business where possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Someone who makes curtains, or one of those repair places would probably do it. Its a job for someone with basic competence, not complicated.

Does the cover come off? If so take it off - you don't need to cart the beanbag inner around. If there is no fastenable opening, carefully unpick a bit of seam and see is there a liner, if so remove cover to take in somewhere. If there is no liner you would be better to get a cover made for the whole thing (unless it is something bulky like fur fabric or leather), but this is where it gets a bit more complicated as there will not be a pattern.

Meanwhile Covid restrictions may be an issue, even if you can find someone to do the sewing you would have to buy fabric on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oh daphne

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.
    I was in a fabric store last week asking if they could recommend anyone and there was actually a couple in the store that make beautiful saris and bed spreads etc. She has agreed to make it for me. Just in the right place at the right time.
    Yes unfortunately the cover on at the moment seems to be sewn shut behind the zip so I don't think it has an inner lining. I purchased lining material and have ordered jumbo cord material for the cover.
    I'll just have to get it all done when the restrictions ease in time.

Advertisement