Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh no, that's a pity about the test. Hopefully the next sample will be ok. Mine is next Tuesday but ill be 13 weeks then.
    Was quite bad the last week or so with the nausea. Hoping it will start to ease soon :(

Anyone else still struggling with constant nausea? Im close to going and asking for that Cariban on prescription to see would it help. Im 14 weeks tomorrow and really thought it would be easing off at this stage.
    Have my Harmony Test this evening.
    Brosnan any update on yours since? Did you go back to give more blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone else still struggling with constant nausea? Im close to going and asking for that Cariban on prescription to see would it help. Im 14 weeks tomorrow and really thought it would be easing off at this stage.
    Have my Harmony Test this evening.
    Brosnan any update on yours since? Did you go back to give more blood?

Hey Andrea, you'd think the nausea would be gone by now :/ Might be worth going to see what your doctor says?

I had the blood redrawn last Tuesday. Waiting on the results still - expecting a call on Thursday hopefully.

Hope all goes well for you later - they're so lovely in there and so nice you'll get to see your little one moving around :o

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Hey Andrea, you'd think the nausea would be gone by now :/ Might be worth going to see what your doctor says?

I had the blood redrawn last Tuesday. Waiting on the results still - expecting a call on Thursday hopefully.

Hope all goes well for you later - they're so lovely in there and so nice you'll get to see your little one moving around :o

Ah that's great,good to hear. Hope you get the results soon.
    Yeah think i might give it another week and if it's not easing i might look in to that Cariban.

Got a call from the Coombe this morning with my Harmony results - all low risk thank god! Found out we're having a boy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Congratulations Brosnan!

Well I finally had my 12 week scan & everything looks great, 1 healthy bouncy baba in there! I got the harmony test done too but won't have results for another while. Decided not to find out sex this time, we'll see how long I can stick with that decision!

This pregnancy I have been way less sick than I had been with the other 2. It felt so strange and I worried a lot about it, especially in the early weeks. Goes to show that every pregnancy is totally different. They also recalculated my due date, I'm due March 1st! I don't want to join another group so if it's ok I'll continue to check in here.

Got a call from the Coombe this morning with my Harmony results - all low risk thank god! Found out we're having a boy :)

Ah that's great. Im sure you are relieved to get the results. Should get mine from Wed on. We aren't finding out the sex.

I ended up going to get Cariban for the nausea. God the difference. Its brilliant. Now it's very expensive so im hoping ill only need it for a week or 2 and see how i go.

Congratulations Brosnan!

Well I finally had my 12 week scan & everything looks great, 1 healthy bouncy baba in there! I got the harmony test done too but won't have results for another while. Decided not to find out sex this time, we'll see how long I can stick with that decision!

This pregnancy I have been way less sick than I had been with the other 2. It felt so strange and I worried a lot about it, especially in the early weeks. Goes to show that every pregnancy is totally different. They also recalculated my due date, I'm due March 1st! I don't want to join another group so if it's ok I'll continue to check in here.

Congrats Lemonposset - the 12 week scan is a real comfort seeing baby moving about! Of course you're welcome to stay on this thread!

I ended up going to get Cariban for the nausea. God the difference. Its brilliant. Now it's very expensive so im hoping ill only need it for a week or 2 and see how i go.

That's really good to hear! Pity about the cost. You might be able to get tax back on it at the end of the year. I know tax can definitely be claimed back no the Harmony test.

I almost don't feel pregnant at the moment if you know what I mean. Although I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable at night as I get quite crampy when I lie down - may be stretching pains. Wondering if a pregnancy pillow might help but I feel it's prob too early as I don't have much of a bump yet.

• Advertisement

That's really good to hear! Pity about the cost. You might be able to get tax back on it at the end of the year. I know tax can definitely be claimed back no the Harmony test.

I almost don't feel pregnant at the moment if you know what I mean. Although I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable at night as I get quite crampy when I lie down - may be stretching pains. Wondering if a pregnancy pillow might help but I feel it's prob too early as I don't have much of a bump yet.

Ive been getting pains since last night and most of today too. Id say it's just stretching as you say.

I've been getting those too, and last night I sneezed and tensed my stomach in a weird way and got a really sharp pain on one side. I think it was my round ligament but it was super sore!

I can still lie on my stomach, think not for much longer though, don't know how I'll sleep when I can't any more!

So i had to get retested for the Harmony test as they didn't get enough DNA on the first one. But got phonecall yesterday to say all was good and low risk for everything, phew.
    Have 20 week scan on 5th October. Cariban is amazing and still feeling great. Might try wean myself off slowly next week and see how it goes.

So i had to get retested for the Harmony test as they didn't get enough DNA on the first one. But got phonecall yesterday to say all was good and low risk for everything, phew.
    Have 20 week scan on 5th October. Cariban is amazing and still feeling great. Might try wean myself off slowly next week and see how it goes.

That's good to hear all is low risk! Exact same happened to me....the wait is excruciating isn't it. Can finally relax now.

Thank god for the Cariban! Did doc say how long you should take it for?

Anybody feeling any movements yet? I do get flutters at night when I'm in bed <3 I was 17 weeks yesterday.

I've always been a vivid dreamer but since falling pregnant my dreams are just so realistic. Jumped out of bed last night and turned the light on cause I swore there was something on the floor. My poor husband! And baby must be thinking 'WTF' lol!

Im going to try and maybe gradually phase it out next week or take every 2nd day and see if there is any nausea. If it's not too bad i might stop it.
    Yeah im feeling the odd little flicker here and there alright. That's mad about the dreams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I'm 18 weeks today, and just started to feel like bubbles in my lower stomach. Not getting big kicks or anything and this is baby #2 , although #1 will be 9 years old by Feb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LMMCH

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to check with people who are public in holles st doing the combined care with GP what your schedule of appointments is.
    At my booking appointment at the 13 week mark the doctor in holles st told me I should see the GP at 18 weeks and when I was making my appointment for the midwife clinic for 24 weeks they also said I should be seeing GP at 18 weeks. GP said they don’t see me until 28 weeks so I’m confused. Just wondering what other people are being told.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

LMMCH wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to check with people who are public in holles st doing the combined care with GP what your schedule of appointments is.
    At my booking appointment at the 13 week mark the doctor in holles st told me I should see the GP at 18 weeks and when I was making my appointment for the midwife clinic for 24 weeks they also said I should be seeing GP at 18 weeks. GP said they don’t see me until 28 weeks so I’m confused. Just wondering what other people are being told.

I'm from the March thread, going public in Holles St. I had my booking appointment this week at 12 weeks and I was told to book the next one with the midwife clinic for 28 weeks, not 24 (?) And I wasn't told anything about the GP, I was planning to ask the GP when getting the flu vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LMMCH

O yeah when I rang to book the midwife clinic they told me 24 weeks as 28 weeks is too long between appointments and “I don’t know why holles st keep telling women the wrong information”.
    I’ll ring the GP tomorrow and see if they’ll see me this week at 18 weeks based on what holles st and midwife clinic advised.
    ucsie wrote: »
    I'm from the March thread, going public in Holles St. I had my booking appointment this week at 12 weeks and I was told to book the next one with the midwife clinic for 28 weeks, not 24 (?) And I wasn't told anything about the GP, I was planning to ask the GP when getting the flu vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Hi all, first post in here. Wife due in the first week of February with our first.
    Opting for a home birth but linked to the Rotunda for scans etc.
    Had our 20 week scan the week before last and the Sonographer spotted something cyst like on the brain in a strange place. That was a Friday, referred to see a consultant on the Tuesday and all was well. Said he sees these all the time and it's completely fine. Longest few days waiting for the 2nd scan but over the moon now.

Counting down the weeks at this stage. :)

• Advertisement

Hi all, first post in here. Wife due in the first week of February with our first.
    Opting for a home birth but linked to the Rotunda for scans etc.
    Had our 20 week scan the week before last and the Sonographer spotted something cyst like on the brain in a strange place. That was a Friday, referred to see a consultant on the Tuesday and all was well. Said he sees these all the time and it's completely fine. Longest few days waiting for the 2nd scan but over the moon now.

Counting down the weeks at this stage. :)

Hi Prospector, huge congrats to you and your wife! Fair play re the home birth. I have a cousin who had her second at home and she couldn't recommend it enough! I think I'm too chicken - husband not great in stressful situations lol.

God that wait must have been excruciating but glad all is fine. Were you able to go in to the scan yourself? I think the Rotunda is one of the only hospitals in Dublin allowing partners in at the moment. I have my 20 week scan on Monday (I'll actually be 23 weeks at that stage). Excited for it but I know the nerves will creep up as it gets closer. We've been feeling the baby kick and move about alot the past week which is always great reassurance.

Hi Prospector, huge congrats to you and your wife! Fair play re the home birth. I have a cousin who had her second at home and she couldn't recommend it enough! I think I'm too chicken - husband not great in stressful situations lol.

Yeah it had always interested her and for me I'll trust her judgement. Met our midwife a few times so happy enough. Hopefully all goes to plan!
    God that wait must have been excruciating but glad all is fine. Were you able to go in to the scan yourself? I think the Rotunda is one of the only hospitals in Dublin allowing partners in at the moment. I have my 20 week scan on Monday (I'll actually be 23 weeks at that stage). Excited for it but I know the nerves will creep up as it gets closer. We've been feeling the baby kick and move about alot the past week which is always great reassurance.

Yeah I was able to go in as it was the 20 week scan. Can't imagine how the wife would have managed getting that news alone. Was fairly efficient timewise. Arrived 10 minutes early and seen at about a minute past. The consultant referral was less efficient. Left waiting an hour, but couldn't be helped. Didn't help with the anxiety though. The consultant himself was brilliant.

Herself is telling me the baby is very active, but any time I try to feel the kicks, they stop :D
    Best of luck :)

Had my anomaly scan today & all went well. Hope everyone else is having a nice 2nd trimester!

Had my anomaly scan today & all went well. Hope everyone else is having a nice 2nd trimester!

Congrats - great relief! I can't believe how fast time is flying! How is everyone doing? Have you been buying stuff for the baby yet? We haven't bought a tap!! Going to start looking online this weekend for a few of the big bits we'll need.

Congrats Lemonposset - Definitely a big relief
    Congrats - great relief! I can't believe how fast time is flying! How is everyone doing? Have you been buying stuff for the baby yet? We haven't bought a tap!! Going to start looking online this weekend for a few of the big bits we'll need.

We've slowly been buying stuff here and there. Think we have everything we need now excluding our co-sleeper. Recommendations welcomed.:P

I have bought nothing! Hoping this baby is as laid back as I am taking this pregnancy!

I had a co-sleeper with my second, gave it away because we were 'never going to need it again', how I regret that now. I got it 2nd hand & bought a new mattress, it was great. Going to look for 1 again, I think I saw them in Aldi or Lidl recently?

I have bought nothing! Hoping this baby is as laid back as I am taking this pregnancy!

I had a co-sleeper with my second, gave it away because we were 'never going to need it again', how I regret that now. I got it 2nd hand & bought a new mattress, it was great. Going to look for 1 again, I think I saw them in Aldi or Lidl recently?

Lidl has them yeah, but they seem to have a selection in Smyths as well. Reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

24 weeks last weekend finally!

Found out at anatomy scan my placenta is low lying and have urinary continence :(

I have bad pain on my left side from my bum down to my knee, especially getting up or turning over at night, anyone else suffering with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Buttercup710

youandme13 wrote: »
    24 weeks last weekend finally!

Found out at anatomy scan my placenta is low lying and have urinary continence :(

I have bad pain on my left side from my bum down to my knee, especially getting up or turning over at night, anyone else suffering with this?

Dropping in from March thread. Sorry to hear about your scan, is there anything they can do? Excuse my ignorance, newbie to it all!

Have my anatomy scan tomorrow just over 21 weeks so very nervous hope I will be able to sleep tonight...

I have the exact same pain but on my right side. Don't know if its piriformis or possible sciatica, feel like it's too early for me to have these issues tho I am petite and have put on a fair bit of weight...

• Advertisement

Hows everyone doing? Had my Glucose test last week and all was fine thank god. Was in with my consultant yesterday and got the ok to have my elective section, delighted as i was panicking that i wouldn't be allowed to get it.
    Baby lying breech at the moment too so would be a section anyway if it stays like this. But apart from that everything else is fine. Just the bloody Carpal tunnel now is getting a bit annoying. I currently have a numb middle finger on each hand...

Advertisement