Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Top 5 Christmas Songs of all time

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Heroditas wrote: »
    And unlucky to miss the top 5 but possibly doesn't belong in this thread - Troika (Lieutenant Kije) by Prokofiev
    Already been mentioned in this thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭MFPM

Some great suggestions in the thread so far.

Very hard to pick just 5..I'll go with these for the moment, I could change the order too!

5. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
    4. Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg
    3. River - Joni Mitchell
    2. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland (the original and the best version :-))
    1. I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake - despite the cynicism of the lyrics, I always look forward to hearing this song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Heroditas wrote: »

And unlucky to miss the top 5 but possibly doesn't belong in this thread - Troika (Lieutenant Kije) by Prokofiev

It absolutely belongs in this thread IMO and in fact was in my top 5 & after the job I had of limiting my selection to 5 & having no 'honourable mentions' as Loughc had requested i'd be aghast if it deemed as unworthy :D So if you feel like changing your 5 to include it, rock on my friend!!:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

5. Last Christmas - Wham. Possibly the greatest Christmas music video of all time?

I would add catchiest/sing a long Christmas song to that as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

In no particular order:

2000 Miles - The Pretenders
    I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake
    Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
    Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman - Ronnie James Dio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭donegal_man

1: Silver Bells - Twisted Sister
    2: Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
    3: All I Want For Christmas - Vince Vance & The Valiants
    4: Oh Christmas Tree - Doro
    5: Come All Ye Faithful - Rob Halford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

DvB wrote: »
    It absolutely belongs in this thread IMO and in fact was in my top 5 & after the job I had of limiting my selection to 5 & having no 'honourable mentions' as Loughc had requested i'd be aghast if it deemed as unworthy :D So if you feel like changing your 5 to include it, rock on my friend!!:)

I was thinking it would be more in a "Top 5 Christmas music pieces" list.
    Funny though, I also always associate it with Tom Dunne. It was another thing that marked the start of Christmas for me a decade ago. Absolutely loved hearing it every day

Advertisement