Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay preliminary tax if I am a PAYE employee that submits Form 11

Options
  • 21-10-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've submitted Form 11 on ROS and I got the warning that I set up my preliminary tax value to 0. I searched online and there is no resource saying that a PAYE employee is exempt from paying it (nor that is has to pay it for that matter).

The reason I submitted Form 11 is because I had some share options that I exercised (less than 1k eur). I think the preliminary tax is for self-employed people, can anyone confirm this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

oaie wrote: »
    I've submitted Form 11 on ROS and I got the warning that I set up my preliminary tax value to 0. I searched online and there is no resource saying that a PAYE employee is exempt from paying it (nor that is has to pay it for that matter).

The reason I submitted Form 11 is because I had some share options that I exercised (less than 1k eur). I think the preliminary tax is for self-employed people, can anyone confirm this?

Your liability should have already been met as you pay your RTSO (Income tax liability on share options) within 30 days of exercising those options. That means you have zero preliminary tax to pay.

Advertisement