Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drayton Wiser Wiring

Options
  • 19-10-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I bought a two channel Drayton Wiser heating Controls on Prime Day.

I just want to be sure of the wiring before I connect it. There are existing heating controls (very old) that I want to replace. The Hot Water on the heating controls won't be used, just the Central Heating. There is a 16a fuse at the fuse box that feeds other stuff (TV, Horizon box) as well as the heating controls so I need to fit a 3amp fuse for the heating controls.

2.jpg

There is a neutral and live going from the existing heating controls to a dual plug which the boiler and circulation pump are plugged into.

3.png
    To connect the new heating controls I should do the following;

1. Connect a 3amp fuse inline
    2. Connect the live to L
    3. Connect the two neutral wires to N
    4. Connect the live going to the boiler to 4

Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭deezell

Páid wrote: »
    I bought a two channel Drayton Wiser heating Controls on Prime Day.

I just want to be sure of the wiring before I connect it. There are existing heating controls (very old) that I want to replace. The Hot Water on the heating controls won't be used, just the Central Heating. There is a 16a fuse at the fuse box that feeds other stuff (TV, Horizon box) as well as the heating controls so I need to fit a 3amp fuse for the heating controls.

2.jpg

There is a neutral and live going from the existing heating controls to a dual plug which the boiler and circulation pump are plugged into.

3.png
    To connect the new heating controls I should do the following;

1. Connect a 3amp fuse inline
    2. Connect the live to L
    3. Connect the two neutral wires to N
    4. Connect the live going to the boiler to 4

Is this correct?

Yes. Spot on. To fuse the Drayton, a simple spur box like this is perfect, and meets regs.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/lap-13a-unswitched-fused-spur-white/58938

When you say an 'inline fuse', be sure to use a mains approved one like below, and not a common inline holder used in automotive and low voltage circuits.

3882846-40.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

That's great, thanks for the response.

I'm going to fit the unswitched fuse spur beside the heating controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Got this installed today and it worked first time. Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement