Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best colour for wall of kitchen and living room extension

Options
  • 05-01-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Hi, we are painting our kitchen units Farrow and ball cornforth white, and painting the island stiffkey blue by farrow and ball. But we don't have a clue what colour to paint the wall. Wife is thinking just plain white, but I'm working that will look too sterile. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Maybe a light blue somewhere between the two colours you have. You will need a touch of contrast, but maybe you could provide that in tiles or flooring.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

White or F & B Wevet on the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Farrrow and Ball All White

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

anewme wrote: »
    Farrrow and Ball All White

That was going to be my suggestion for skirting/architrave/doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

What’s on the floor? What are the tiles like? Is there much light in the room? You’d want to take these factors into account. Personally, I dislike actual whites on the walls of a kitchen but would have to understand the other aspects of the kitchen.

We have a downpipe island, mostly pavilion grey units and lichen on the walls. This all works brilliantly in a very bright kitchen with an almost black limestone fooor.

You have light grey (effectively) on the units and a deep (almost Moroccan) blue on the island. Depending on the kitchen light and flooring you might even succeed with a yellow tone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

We are going for a wooden effect tile thats very light grey. The light wouldn't be great in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

What colour did you go for

Advertisement