Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German Shepard Breeders.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭tk123

VonVix wrote: »
    Had a look at their page and all I see is puppies, puppies, puppies. No mention of parents other than their name, no mention of health tests, no mention of temperament, no mention of them competing in any form. DM clear? Hip/elbow scores? Etc? No mention of lineage beyond the parents.

Looks like just another backyard breeder trying to capitalize on covid19.

I’d agree - I think I’ve counted 3 litters since April. Also their FB is in the Shopping and retail section which would put me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

Thanks guys for feedback, I FB messaged them and they said pups fully registered IKC/Fido, vaccinated and chipped. If you scroll through there Facebook page you can see their dogs winning prizes at shows etc. The lady also sent me pictures of parents hib/elbow scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Yeah I’ve gone back to January and counted 4 litters. There are photos of four adult dogs around May. Horribly deformed frog-dogs. Winning in shows is not what I’d be looking for in a GSD I’m afraid. They are certainly churning out pups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

murfler wrote: »
    Thanks guys for feedback, I FB messaged them and they said pups fully registered IKC/Fido, vaccinated and chipped. If you scroll through there Facebook page you can see their dogs winning prizes at shows etc. The lady also sent me pictures of parents hib/elbow scores.

Winning prizes.....depends on how many there are in the class. The first Show I saw their results from, I checked the results. 1st of 1 entry. 2nd of 2 entries....

Certainly you can only show against what is entered but be aware that there is only a handful of long coat GSDs showing in the country. That being said the judge can withhold awards if the exhibit is very poor.

The facebook page puts me off though, four litters this year is not what you'd expect from well thought out breeding plans to improve the breed and retain a new dog for their lines.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Just be aware too that IKC registration is not a guarantee of quality, nor does it pretend to be. It is simply a paper record that shows the parentage and lineage of the dog concerned.
    Many puppy farmed pups are IKC registered. The IKC does not vet people who want to register pups.

OK thanks for that, yes winning a one horse race not so impressive. Could anyone point me to a good breeder? I have a well bred 8 year old gsd bitch and would love to get a pup to learn from her I am located in Kilkenny but don't mind travelling. Looking for a family dog as I have a 3 and 7 year old kid. I would love a long haired bitch

OK thanks for that, yes winning a one horse race not so impressive. Could anyone point me to a good breeder? I have a well bred 8 year old gsd bitch and would love to get a pup to learn from her I am located in Kilkenny but don't mind travelling. Looking for a family dog as I have a 3 and 7 year old kid. I would love a long haired bitch
    Dad and granddad

Dad and granddad

Dad and Grandad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

We are not advocating people buying pets at the moment due to Covid restrictions as per the sticky at the top of the forum so we can’t allow posts asking where to source pets at the moment. I will say that very few reputable breeders are breeding at the minute. Currently you are not supposed to leave your home county.
    Dad and granddad

Can you seriously not see the state of the back legs on those dogs? It’s horrific.

• Advertisement

Dad and Grandad

Aw no, those poor dogs. That's hard to look at. I recommend asking about reputable breeders again after all this covid business has passed. You won't find one now and you certainly haven't found one there.

Advertisement