Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volbeat/Baroness and Danko Jones- Fri 4th Oct Olympia

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

aj89 wrote: »
    MCD just released more production tickets, so assume all things go!

They done the VIP thing going by there insta

God can't wait for this gig, brogans next door to the Olympia is a great pub

Great set by Danko Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Both support bands were excellent.

Hopefully volbeat show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Arrived just in time for Baroness (I loved! - vicar street soon?)

Now.... Not even a name backdrop - uh oh

They doing a lot of instrument checks now

Enjoyed Baroness talented but not into that stuff much

Riot if volbeat dont come out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They doing a lot of instrument checks now

Enjoyed Baroness talented but not into that stuff much

Riot if volbeat dont come out

We'll go to the pub - be grand ;)

Amazing show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Belfast have to be pissed at that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Danko was ideal support for Volbeat being straight forward stuff good opener I felt crowd lapped it up too.

Being there purely for Baroness meself felt there was obviously a good chunk of crowd not fussed, hardly surprising I suppose they aren't exactly bringing the feel good rock vibes the bands they played between do. They were given a respectable reception at least, not mad on that new release but yeah worth going.

Volbeat were decent they really have such a hardcore following made for a great atmosphere, Danko joining them for that one song then. Still can't warm to them however :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Really enjoyed that, only saw 4 Baroness songs, thought they were alright, started warming to them when they finished, after the drama Thursday, I was apprehensive going into this, but it was a great performance, I heard reports of Michael's voice sounding dodgy, was pretty good in the circumstances, I noticed he made some gesture to someone backstage early on and taking a pill towards the end, was a good crowd too, apart from these three muppets who were shouting stuff about Belfast, they went to the bar twice, wish they stayed there.

The setlist focused mostly on the last two albums, would have loved Human Instrument or Soulweeper, Die to Live is a cracking tune and Michael did a perfect Neil Fallon impression, Sorry Sack of Bones is good live too, Seal the Deal and Devil's Bleeding Crown are perfect for the live environment, I like Fallen but hate the laboured way they play it, it's better with fast drumming, speaking of which Jon Larsen is fantastic and nearly worth admission on his own, I enjoyed them more last year but given what happened in Belfast I'm glad it went ahead without any incident.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed the gig last night

Overall good setlist by volbeat and the band were on fire. Would of liked to hear Radio girl and Heaven nor hell. Are they massive in eastern europe a lot of overseas fans at the gig. Hard to pick the best song of the night but I think it should go to Doc Holiday

Not into Baroness but thought they were good. The singer is a big man

Danko Jones were fun

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really enjoyed the gig last night

Overall good setlist by volbeat and the band were on fire. Would of liked to hear Radio girl and Heaven nor hell. Are they massive in eastern europe a lot of overseas fans at the gig. Hard to pick the best song of the night but I think it should go to Doc Holiday

Not into Baroness but thought they were good. The singer is a big man

Danko Jones were fun

Volbeat are huge on the continent. I remember being at rock im park in 2012 and every second person had a t-shirt of theirs. They weren't even playing. But they headline all the big festivals on the continent too. So only here and UK are they in those size venues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mainly central Europe they are insanely massive.

I remember they were on before Scorpions on the first day of Graspop 2011 the buzz about them was similar to what Mushy describes, don't think I'd even heard of them prior to that.

Metallica love them too Volbeat play support a lot for them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They're also headlining Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park next year

ts_editor wrote: »
    Here you go, the entire Belfast gig:

Shows a different side of the debacle and shows that MP actually said it to the crowd. Still feel sorry for the people there.

Deff in for a treat when they do come back to Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

FREE Belfast gig rescheduled for 16 June.

https://twitter.com/VOLBEAT/status/1185118897734901762

Probably supporting Iron Maiden the night before.
    Bristol date is 17th.

ts_editor wrote: »
    FREE Belfast gig rescheduled for 16 June.

https://twitter.com/VOLBEAT/status/1185118897734901762

Probably supporting Iron Maiden the night before.
    Bristol date is 17th.

Nice thing to do but is it technically a free show ?? You still paid for the original show unless they refund that??

Prob doing the festival circuit around this time and fitting in shows so doubt they will play Dublin unless its support for a big act (tbh no signs atm of a big rock concert in dublin around june time)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nice thing to do but is it technically a free show ?? You still paid for the original show unless they refund that??

Prob doing the festival circuit around this time and fitting in shows so doubt they will play Dublin unless its support for a big act (tbh no signs atm of a big rock concert in dublin around june time)

Giving refunds also by the looks of the website!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rescheduled gig: Ulster Hall Belfast, Belfast
    Tue 16 June 2020 at 19:00
    Tickets on sale: Fri 25 October 2019 10:00
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/volbeat-rewind-replay-rebound-world-tour-belfast-16-06-2020/event/38005750C8931E0B

• Advertisement

From looking at social media the german arena shows have a much different layout with screens/props etc

Shows the difference in popularity of the band between the west Europe and central europe/Scandinavia

https://www.volbeat.dk/en/news/new-live-album-out-27-nov---355-.html

New live album out 27th November with exclusive full show streams on the bands YouTube channel

The stream of the Hamburg show was pretty good and like a different band than the one we saw in the Olympia. They really are massive on the continent

Advertisement