Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D printed some more woodwork things

Options
  • 02-10-2020 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I printed out a featherboard for my tablesaw and a dust collection port for the drill press over the last couple of days, very happy with both. I didn't have to model either of them, people had already uploaded designs, which were freely available for non-commercial use.

I still find it a magical process - perhaps evidence of my age :eek:

The feather board:

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:852644

528125.jpg

The drillpress dust collection port:

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:852392

528124.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Its a great addition to any workshop, for anyone thats handson.

My son has 2 in our workshop that he uses for special effects applications in the film industry.

I have also drawn some parts for my car restorations. He has the normal 3d printer with

the plastic media printer material, as well as the resin bath 3d printer. Now that is really magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

One of my friends uses resin printing for model and set making too for the Warhammer gaming niche, I love watching those machines, the magic is all in the "reveal" - great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Great machines - I think they will become mainstream in the hobbyist's toolkit over the next few years - so handy to have and as OP alludes to - there's a design for nearly everything out there now so you don;t have to be an accomplished designer

Advertisement