Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Timeline?

Options
  • 15-01-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭

How long can the developer have to build a house once they take a deposit?

I paid my deposit in Dec 2018, house was due to be completed in May 2019, but it's still under construction over a year later with little sign it'll be ready any time soon? Do I have any rights regarding build time or handover?

It's in a new development & yes I am also having this conversation with my solicitor, but would welcome some input from boards...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Bluefoam wrote: »
    How long can the developer have to build a house once they take a deposit?

I paid my deposit in Dec 2018, house was due to be completed in May 2019, but it's still under construction over a year later with little sign it'll be ready any time soon? Do I have any rights regarding build time or handover?

It's in a new development & yes I am also having this conversation with my solicitor, but would welcome some input from boards...

Depends on what the timeline in contract was. Usually builders have 18 or 24 months to build it from the date the builder signs contracts in the contract as completion date timeline.

Advertisement