Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E3 2021 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And what little footage they have tonight was already shown during the Prime Matter announcement yesterday. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah this is more something you'd show investors, getting very bad feedback on Twitter.

Not surprised!

I was really hoping to see more of Final Form... The devs' previous game, Ruiner, was pretty good. It's not wise to draw any conclusions from such little footage but at one point it looked like your cyborg-esque character could morph a little like Samus from Metroid. That would be cool.

IGN Expo already showing more games than Koch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems that list is looking pretty accurate since Doki Doki Literature Club Plus seems like a a game that you would mention when doing a fake list for a laugh

Wonder if it's free for the digital version still

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should give it a go if you want something completely nuts but in a good way it's. Its not what you think

Oh I've already played/experienced it.
    Just wondering if the Plus version will still be free on all platforms.

I'd say it is since the physical version is only $19.99 so doesn't seem to be charging for the actual game.

Tunic still looking lovely.

Think only presentations I'll watch will be Ubisoft, XBox and Nintendo.

List of shows with times.
    https://i.ibb.co/Nm9gCQj/Screenshot-2021-06-09-131122.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus, Sifu looks so good.

LoL shows how bad Koch Media was.

LoL shows how bad Koch Media was.

Ha! It's like KM never saw one of these events before in their collective lives.

Nextlander (Vinny, Alex, Brad) streamed themselves watching it, but minimized the stream to watch E3 1995 videos on YouTube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm looking forward to the Starfield reveal tomorrow. I hope we get something substantive out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nextlander (Vinny, Alex, Brad) streamed themselves watching it, but minimized the stream to watch E3 1995 videos on YouTube.

I really wouldn't bother streaming most of this E3 as its mainly going to be updates on games that have likely been delayed. Keighley's stuff is always filled with fluff like celebrity interviews that look like they had to be blackmailed to appear on there.

Even Koch got out beforehand and said a week ago there was not going to be Saints Row, Dead Island 2, Metro or Timesplitters at E3. They've barely got anything else worthwhile unless you really want another Red Faction or Destroy All Humans remake.

• Advertisement

And you can add another leak to the list - Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope for the Switch. Schreier is saying this was the surprise Ubisoft game a lot of people had been hinting about. So I guess that's another presentation that won't have much new info, if any!

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    And you can add another leak to the list - Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope for the Switch. Schreier is saying this was the surprise Ubisoft game a lot of people had been hinting about. So I guess that's another presentation that won't have much new info, if any!

that was included in the leak I posted about yesterday so rest of the games listed there are probably correct.

Oh I created a separate thread for all trailers and gameplay, it's not mobile friendly as pages takes age to load https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117404386&postcount=1

otherwise use these handy links https://2021.e3recap.com/
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaQokWZfgbyld1xQOkffHyI_qPux8Dfi-

The last Mario & Rabbids game was fine but I'd rather a 2D Rayman game like Origins or Legends. I think that Ubisoft are pretty much dead now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

that was included in the leak I posted about yesterday so rest of the games listed there are probably correct.

Oh I created a separate thread for all trailers and gameplay, it's not mobile friendly as pages takes age to load https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117404386&postcount=1

otherwise use these handy links https://2021.e3recap.com/
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaQokWZfgbyld1xQOkffHyI_qPux8Dfi-

Thanks a mill Eoin for setting up the other thread and posting the videos, you're an absolute legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sexy woman ;)
    ... or is just me?

... Just me so :pac:
    Although I will admit she has looks different from her hey ash what you playin' days.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Ubi presentation. I can't wait to see Sam Fisher in Just Dance 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Looking forward to the Ubi presentation. I can't wait to see Sam Fisher in Just Dance 2022.

I like the Ubisoft presentations too. The had a marching band in it a few years ago from recollection.

Is Ubisoft's going to be a prerecorded thing like a Direct or awkward interviews and talking heads?

E3 on the verge of going away forever and they pull this.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1403731261361770500?s=19

September 16th release date for Rainbow Six Extraction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might be a tie in / sequel to an existing Tom Clancy game but aliens is a bit of a departure.

Varik wrote: »
    Might be a tie in / sequel to an existing Tom Clancy game but aliens is a bit of a departure.

Yeah it's inspired by the Outbreak event in Siege

I guess at this point if Beyond Good and Evil 2 is not shown it's canned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Are they still showing Rainbow Six Extraction, not a good start for ubisoft

Rocksmith plus, a subscription service to learn guitar and was actually leaked earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I wouldn't mind being an Alex Lifeson.

Watching this reminds me that UbiSoft conferences are very meh.
    They got a very diverse library of games so you understand why they push and talk about certain games but it also comes off as meh unless you are a fan of that specific game.

:p

Great, more Rainbow Six. :rolleyes:

If you want to register for that Rocksmith+ beta
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rocksmith/plus

This another one of those singers that is only known in America?

So no new Assassin's Creed this year but more content for Valhalla next year. New one will probably be end of next year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've seen trailers for werewolves within multiple times (and with covid for a very long time), and I've never copped it was anything to do with the game.

• Advertisement

Can't remember how the last game ended, but wonder if this Avatar game is a sequel to it.

Usual meh from Ubisoft, did find tweet of E3. From Youseff's (one of the hosts) girlfriend
    https://twitter.com/bbcgarcia/status/1403797633420824577?s=19

^ lol. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only thing I really wanted from that conference was Ubisoft + on consoles, no such luck.

Weird that EA could do it but Ubisoft can't.

Extraction looks okay, but there's a lot of competition in the sci-fi/horror co-op shooter space right now, with more on the way.

Learned nothing from the Avatar trailer.

Edit: Apparently it's a first person open world game. So Far Cry Primal via Pandora. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So no new Assassin's Creed this year but more content for Valhalla next year. New one will probably be end of next year anyway

Assassins Creed switched to a 2-year cycle a few years ago. Been a 2-year gap between games since the move to the bigger, more rpg style that began with Origins.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Assassins Creed switched to a 2-year cycle a few years ago. Been a 2-year gap between games since the move to the bigger, more rpg style that began with Origins.

Yeah but like with Odyssey, didn't all content come out in year one only, with Valhalla they are supporting it for another year

Devolver Digital now, at least this will be a good conference

Devolver's conferences have quickly become what they mock, self indulgent chores to watch.

Trek to Yomi looked gorgeous.

Goddamn Eoin, 150 videos in your playlist. E3 VIP!

I missed Devolver, so was Miami Hotline 3 announced or were they trolling?

• Advertisement
Advertisement