Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Of Us 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the combat in TLOU actually worked better in the PvP than it did in the story but it was very hit and miss in the game, literally. I started a new play through just this week, it's so relaxing on the normal modes.
    In the middle of a playthrough myself grabbed it in the sale not played since release. First time through I was super sneak mode, taking forever to get passed an area. This time I'm just running and gunning which seems more Joels style in fairness. Playing this way means mobs drop ammo too, which they don't playing sneak/stealth. Super hyped for TLOU2, looks amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I loved Survivor too. I posted on reddit today that it was both the most stressful and rewarding gaming experience ever. I did start a grounded play through but it was doing my head in, to the point of wondering why I was doing it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been playing on Grounded the last couple of weeks, not fun at all. I loved my survivor playthrough but grounded is basically me speed running through levels as it's so hard to actually try and take anyone on.

I like the little reference you Joel "you're old man giving us orders", unless Joel is actually dead and they're referring to someone else who took care of Ellie.

Combat looks so tense and deadly. Game is looking incredible. Wish we got a whiff of a release date though.

Im guessing itl be 2019 bit they will wait until the Sony expo later in the year to announce it..

I hope they keep the multiplayer,and i know its a meme at this stage but a Battle Royale type mode would really suit it given how the first games multiplayer worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭brevity

Might dig out the first one. Only have the PS3 tho...

PS4 or 5 and TLOU2 for next year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Combat looks so tense and deadly. Game is looking incredible. Wish we got a whiff of a release date though.

Hopefully we'll be playing it by this time next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll be playing it by this time next year.

I doubt it to be honest. If I had to put money on it I'd say March 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can actually taste the salt...

453213.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You can actually taste the salt...

453213.PNG

Really hope there's a lesbian subplot in the next Tomb Raider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, the trailer videos on Youtube are getting loads of dislikes for what you can only imagine is the lesbian stuff because the game looks incredible.

Not like it's a new thing, Ellie was lezzing it up in the first game too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I find the whole dislike thing really weird.

So they are ok with zombies, with Joel savagely killing strangers etc, but two girls snogging is a bridge too far and totally unrepresentative of the real world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sure we know the whole lesbian thing is just a far-left political fad loike

Leroy42 wrote: »

So they are ok with zombies, with Joel savagely killing strangers etc, but two girls snogging is a bridge too far and totally unrepresentative of the real world!

It's not just the anti-LGBT crowd, it's everyone who hates the PS exclusitivity, as well as the internet being full of people offended by everything. It's a pretty big pool to draw the hate from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Refused to watch it. No more spoilers, hard to avoid though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I read some of the youtube comments out of curiosity. Fúcking hell…
    Game's main idea: WHITE STRAIGHT MALES ARE DANGEROUS!

I have zero interest in playing as a lesbian woman, If I cant relate to the character I cant relate to the game experience.
    the Regressive left continue to not only infect films but also games, and ruin both.

So more forced homosexuality to further indoctrinate...pathetic . Stay brainwashed....idiocracy indeed

He might want to skip AC:Odyssey aswell..

I read some of the youtube comments out of curiosity. Fúcking hell…

So i take it when he was playng as Ellie and Joel in the First Game he was able to identify with a teenage Girl and a Middle Aged Man at the same time?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There are a a very lot of sad people in this world.

Looking forward to seeing how Ellie's character develops.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, the trailer videos on Youtube are getting loads of dislikes for what you can only imagine is the lesbian stuff because the game looks incredible.

Not like it's a new thing, Ellie was lezzing it up in the first game too!

Well she could be bi-sexual

• Advertisement

• GLaDOS wrote: »
    The combat looks really engaging (assuming that's accurate representation). As much as I loved the first game, the combat was nothing special.

I don't agree at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

My one hope is the gameplay is a bit more varied than the first as in not just go to maze area, avoid clickers/humans, move to next area, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope the enemy AI is closer to some of the demo videos from the first game. They really failed to deliver on that when it came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I watched up to the first encounter with a human from that trailer, and i'm done. I know it will be good. I will be getting it, so i'm signing out for now to avoid any more spoilers!

And in fairness, who doesn't love a bit of lesbian action? Game is already 11/10 just for that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The first game was released five years ago today.

The first game was released five years ago today.

and a few hours latter I was left feeling bewildered and horribly sad after playing through the intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Saaaaaam!!

Seriously though, where is that girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Last of Us Part 2 Ellie Dynamic Theme

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA10249_00-TLOUPIIOUTBREAK1

Last of Us Part 2 Ellie Avatar Pack

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA10249_00-TLOU2ELLIEAVPACK

Both are free until 4pm tomorrow (September 27th) to celebrate 'Outbreak Day'. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When is the game coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    When is the game coming out?

Late this year or early next year I believe.

Late this year or early next year I believe.

Not a chance. Late next year maybe, but there's no way it's coming out in 2018, and possibly not until 2020.

There will be a new PlayStation before this comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

brevity wrote: »

Quite possible. Just like Last of Us 1 closed out the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

brevity wrote: »

Of course. That's why the likes of this and RDR2 come out so late in a console's cycle. So they can then remaster it and release it on the next console too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Was there a noticeable difference in the PS3 version (original) and the remastered?

I only played it on PS4, so just wondering was it just graphics (which I assume were updated) and did that add measurably to the game play?

Was there a noticeable difference in the PS3 version (original) and the remastered?

I only played it on PS4, so just wondering was it just graphics (which I assume were updated) and did that add measurably to the game play?

Increased framerate was the main thing. 1080p @ 60fps. It did look incredible. Graphics were definitely better too but I wouldn't say enough to "add measurably to the gameplay".

Penn wrote: »
    Increased framerate was the main thing. 1080p @ 60fps. It did look incredible. Graphics were definitely better too but I wouldn't say enough to "add measurably to the gameplay".

and yet I bought it again and didn't regret it

Strangely enough, when I played it on PS3, I thought it was good/great, cleared it and traded it. Said I'd try it again on ps4 and loved it, cleared it, instantly played through again on survivor and picked up all trophies except the multiplayer ones. MP is actually brilliant in it but the trophies were too much of a grind for me. The graphics and 60fps helped things but it was something else that I'm not sure of, that just clicked with me on the PS4.

Played it again recently on Grounded, **** that mode. Survivor was a lot of fun, grounded was basically how fast can you run through a level, not fun at all so quit half way through.

• Advertisement

Running through levels as quickly as possible was basically how I approached Survivor. I've started Grounded a few times and quit before I got to the first enemy, which indicates I'm really conflicted about Grounded.

Survivor was enough stress for me

I only have a PS3 but I must give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Survivor was challenging and I enjoyed it. Grounded is proving to just be annoying. It's like if you took survivor, then removed more checkpoints so that your best option was just to run past the enemies and exploit the bad scripting. Enemies disappear when you move past them far enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

There's a trick you can use on survivor and grounded to make it a little easier. The game will rarely let you run out of ammo completely so you're usually better off using up those last few bullets and get a drop from the killed enemy than to hoard them just in case. The only real issue is you might not get the same kind of ammo so some menu fiddling will be needed. And throwing a brick to stun and following up with a quick stab makes that section in winter almost easy, until the other thing shows up at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Considering this was announced in December 2016 I feel we could get a release date soon. The first was announced in December 2011 and came out in June 2013.

Sorry if anyone thought I had some actual news I was just re-reading through the thread :)

• mutley18 wrote: »
    Considering this was announced in December 2016 I feel we could get a release date soon. The first was announced in December 2011 and came out in June 2013.

Sorry if anyone thought I had some actual news I was just re-reading through the thread :)

https://extra.ie/2019/04/01/sport/gaming/official-playstation-websites-tease-last-of-us-part-ii-release-date

• Advertisement

Sounds like Ellie and Joel are gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine :)

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1118329800156798977?s=19

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sounds like Ellie and Joel are gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine :)

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1118329800156798977?s=19

?

?

Sarcasm. Everyone's gonna die.

• Advertisement
Advertisement